Inconsistent POA / wiggly Ocular eye piece Remedy / Fix

Have no idea why i did not think of this fix years ago !!! With so many modern optics / scopes have FAST FOCUS eye pieces ( Ocular Adjustment ) and few having lock collars,
my fiddling resulted in this revelation :oops: Once you find & adjust the ocular focus there is nothing to hold the rotational position ( Unless lock collar equipped ) #1 issue.
With also realizing if you look threw scope and wiggle around the eye piece w/o rotation the RETICLE MOVES !!!! Holly poope not good !!! and found this to be universal across nearly all my Fast Focus ocular scopes #2 issue :mad:

My cure was simple enough, tho took fabrication having each & every scope retrofitted specific to there required O.D. / O.D. / Width for a custom lock collar.

Scope is ocular focused to your eye as we all generally do getting a sharp reticle. That's it .. but is it ? Bumps & handling etc and the retical position moves around ( test it as stated above ) Once set MEASURE the gap present, O.D. of ocular tube & O.D. of eye piece as it comes outward.

Make the collar from acetal etc ... & slit saw it.
Back off ocular bell a bit, expand & snap in collar, screw bell back down lightly snug.

Your adjustment is now FIXED to your eye. :love: Which is Super important if an FT shooter using parallax for ranging !!! Bumps and handling won't shift retical and all is now rigid and centered. Check your zero and never fret it again until such time as your eyes age and focus is no longer correct.

b.jpg

a.jpg

thumbnail.jpg