• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Incoming!!!!

A couple weeks ago I was reading the new issue of Hard Air Magazine and they reviewed the Evol mini .22. I contacted AOA for more info but I didn’t have any hopes of availability. Come to find out they were expecting a shipment within the week and after talking with the sales rep ordered one there and then.

For those who have experience with the gun, what should I expect. I have big expectations and I’m pretty excited. My other gun is a .25 Cricket 2 which has been great, super accurate but heavy. I punch a lot of paper and shoot squirrels and other tree rats when possible. They have learned to stay out of my killing zone. I put up a bait station with peanuts but the blue jays rob them all.

A question about the gun became a discussion about if the targets should be baited or not. People are hyper sensitive these days.

I don't have the Evol, but boy oh boy you are going to get a monster. I'll say you killing zone just got an upgrade. Prepare another bait station at least 50 yards further from the one you already have. 

I'm with you Mathias! 

Accuracy is VERY good and trigger is quite light and nicely crisp. Cocking effort is a little higher than some but smooth. Very light rifle. Probably will be set up for 18.1s at about 900. You might check on a barrel removal tool to make cleaning a bit easier. Also check out @Dairyboy 's thread on tuning his down. Not suggesting that you do that but good info there. They come tuned extremely well, so it's just air and pellets that are your concerns.

Choosing a scope might be a conundrum..... light and small vs enough mag to take advantage of the accuracy.

Congratulations on your choice!! Great rifles !

Bob