• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

In Wall Storage Cabinet

So I needed a storage space more protective and befitting my air-rifle. It has been leaning against the wall behind the door of the furnace closet. Problem is the furnace closet is close to the backdoor and out the backdoor is where I see rabbits. I found a Stack-On in-wall storage cabinet for 64 dollars and decided that would do the trick.

The packaging is very minimalistic. If you do get one and the packaging is damage in any way, I would imagine the cabinet would be too.

I didn't want my rifle dinged up so I decided to line the cabinet with carpet. Carpet was 60 cents a square ft and you had to buy carpet in 12ft x 12inches increments at Lowes so I ended up with a 12 x 2 foot for 15 dollars.​ The cabinet is 14 inches wide. I used Loctite Contact Adhesive to attach the carpet.

Attaching the inside carpet. The Magnet was used to keep it from moving.​

Here is the cabinet installed in the furnace closet. I still need to ​take care of the wires leading to the controller I removed from the wall for this project.

Here is the cabinet with the shelves and a battery operated light installed.​

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

I will have to find a 220 Volt sticker for it! 

Mentoilo,
Yes the Cabinet is secured to the 2x4 studs by 6 bolts. The back of the Cabinet is 14 inches wide. The top shelf is secured by 2 screws in predrilled holes. The holes for the second shelf, I drilled myself. The Cabinet came with 3 full length shelves and one half length shelf but I only needed 2 for my purpose.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-8-Gun-Steel-Security-Cabinet/14707408?u1=930845be9c8c11e5bd5a924a09c288da0004&oid=289955.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=40365702853475456835&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Possible alternative (on sale) is this free-standing for $89 at Walmart.

From the web site:
Stack-On 8 Gun Steel Security Cabinet:
  • 53-inch steel security cabinet 53
  • Holds 8 rifles or shotguns
  • 3-point locking system with key coded, double-bitted lock for greater security
  • Unit is easy to assemble with integrated, form fitting parts that are fastened together
  • Stack-on gun cabinet features fasteners are tamper proof from the outside of the cabinet
  • Pre-drilled mounting holes in the bottom and back of the gun steel security cabinet allow for easy attachment to the floor or wall

Looks good!
- Remove the Stack-on sticker

you need one of those
s-l400.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stickers-Sticker-Danger-Area-In-Front-Of-This-Electrical-Panel-0500-18639-/181973208573?hash=item2a5e72cdfd:g:aC4AAOSw37tWC8Xy