• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I'm always solo, so at minimum (in order priority), I always carry a knife, food / water, an IFAK, 550 cord, magnesium fire stick, space blanket, bandanas, PLB / sat messenger, rangefinder, flashlight (with a backup windable / dynamo type), headlamp, PVS-14, lens cleaning tissue, and a lightweight padded hunting mat. Also clothing layers for the worst possible weather in the area that I'm in (including microspikes for ice) and a sidearm for protection.

If I'm out really deep in the mountains, I'll bring a good "bushcraft" tarp, extra cordage, and a bivvy sack. I've broken a leg once already and I'm often in areas where I can't get satellite reception in weird canyons / valleys with thick canopy. The idea of hypothermia with a broken limb makes the extra weight worthwhile.

A pellet pen from Walmart can help with accuracy by loading the pellet in the exact same spot. Any pellet seating device including just an Alan wrench with some tape on it would do the same job. The pellet pen is great for quick follow up shots too. Other than that just take whatever you feel you need to be safe......but if you don't have a $4000 PVS-14 night vision set up and bump helmet just forget it there's no point lol....sorry couldn't resist. Just giving you crap @mtnghost.

Compact woods/hunting/pesting kit includes:

Cell phone(flashlight, Strelok Pro, compass, camera, etc..)

Pellet pouch/pellet pen(a lot better than carrying a tin)

Flagging tape(mark the wayor use for wind flag)

Water, wet naps, a few paper towels(hydration, cleaning blood off, wiping...)

Plastic bags(keep stuff dry, carry game)

Multi-tool

Rain poncho

Appropriate clothing/rugged and comfortable boots(need to stay comfortable, dry, and warm)

A pellet pen from Walmart can help with accuracy by loading the pellet in the exact same spot. Any pellet seating device including just an Alan wrench with some tape on it would do the same job. The pellet pen is great for quick follow up shots too. Other than that just take whatever you feel you need to be safe......but if you don't have a $4000 PVS-14 night vision set up and bump helmet just forget it there's no point lol....sorry couldn't resist. Just giving you crap @mtnghost.

LOL, well I was trying being modest and left out the part about my NOX18 and COTI 😎

C4EFC626-CCF4-4E19-804B-17A5527023D7.1640168146.jpeg

979413D8-281A-474D-B397-FDFD988D06B1.1640168187.jpeg