In search of a .177 silent squirrel assassin on a budget.

how much of a budget .. if you can go .22 a prod with a donny on it and a 4X is a squirrel terminator with no equal ... if its got to be 177 a stormrider but its louder, hits like a freight train though lol .. you can hear them 'pop' lol ... takes alittle massaging to get a stormrider slicked up and alittle more involved to get a donny on it, but its a good rig to ...

Air Venturi Avenger Bullpup...inexpensive with easy external adjustments for reg and HS.

Ditto! just got an Avenger Bullpup in .177. Degassed and reset reg to 1800 psi ( ¼ turn CCW ), ½ CW on HS produces 904 - 974 fps with pellets of 8.8 - 10.3 grs. Odb, 110mm suppressor and it's quiet. Looks like about 60-70 shots per fill. 

Needed a ½" riser and high rings to get scope in line for me. Trigger is spongy in the first stage, no solid stop at the end of the first stage, but pretty light let off, from the factory. Wasn't hard to get used to. I'm happy with the accuracy out to 30 yds, so far. Probably have a little under 200 rounds through it so far. 

how much of a budget .. if you can go .22 a prod with a donny on it and a 4X is a squirrel terminator with no equal ... if its got to be 177 a stormrider but its louder, hits like a freight train though lol .. you can hear them 'pop' lol ... takes alittle massaging to get a stormrider slicked up and alittle more involved to get a donny on it, but its a good rig to ...

Im with dizzums here, +1 on a P-rod. Also its so easily tuned, easily repaired and with that budget you can have spare parts, o ring kits and grab different springs. 

I hear ya, and like you have others to choose from. But to answer your question do like me, return to the Stormrider. Nothing cheaper and the gen2 is quiet, accurate enough (can be greatly improved), and well balanced. I have two, a 22 with scope and a 177 with an ‘el-cheapo’ $30 red dot reflex receiver sight. Not only will this combo end your search for a budget workhorse, but it’s so much fun to shoot that I just keep returning to it.

Last year I used my Prod. It did well with the power turned up a bit. It is about 85 db at 15 feet. Pretty quiet and I did not get any complaints. This year I'm using a P35 in 25 caliber. As it came, it was about the same db as the Prod but with a simple $1.33 hair curler + felt modification in the shroud, it is about 75 db and I tested it at under 70 db with one more baffle/curler in the shroud. This is at 30-35 fpe. I got the 25 because that is what Krale had at the time but I like the fact that the 16 I've shot with it have not moved more than 15 feet after the impact. The 25 seems to drop them quicker than the relatively low power 22 did. The P35 is under $500. You can get it in .177 .22 or .25. It is also only 5.2 lbs and under 30 inches long (with a 450mm barrel). I added a spacer for a longer length of pull and the curler mod pushed the shroud forward 1/2 inch and it is still under 30 inches long.

For your budget take a look at the Dar airguns. Regulated and side level cocking. The .22 and .25 is $300.

Screenshot_20220223-152942_Chrome.1645648406.jpg