In search of .177 for pesting?

Heck, a $200 stormrider sounds about perfect. Light weight, small, powerful. Could tune it down just a smidge and increase the shot count from 20 up to 30s or so.

The Stormrider really shines with a regulator thrown in. I'm shooting a Diana Bandit with longer barrel and getting 20 shots at 12ish fpe. No reason you couldn't get 30+ shots at 15+ fpe from a regulated Stormrider.

The Stormrider really shines with a regulator thrown in. I'm shooting a Diana Bandit with longer barrel and getting 20 shots at 12ish fpe. No reason you couldn't get 30+ shots at 15+ fpe from a regulated Stormrider.
I'm getting 30 at 16 fpe. All I did was set the reg to 150 bar and drop it in. I think you could play around a little and get 40 at nearly the same power level.

Reactions: UCChris
I'm getting 30 at 16 fpe. All I did was set the reg to 150 bar and drop it in. I think you could play around a little and get 40 at nearly the same power level.

Glad to see I wasn't way off base with my WAG. I found that clipping the hammer spring a bit resulted in hardly any velocity drop and quite a bit more efficiency. But that was on my Bandit with factory length barrel. The Stormrider has much more barrel to utilize.