In PA have property wanna setup Airgun range

My family has 106 acres or Rural property in southwest PA. I'd like to setup some kind of airgun range or competition... I'd love to have some other shooters.. Get people back into shooting... I'm not a man of means put have the property. I can brush hog a course . or build a few benches. Big bore or small bore. Just putting this out here and seeing your ideas and input.

I also have land in southwest PA, I built a 100 yard range. As much as I’d love to have people enjoy it with me, I second on the liability aspect of it. Not just for their safety but others in the surrounding area. Unfortunately in todays world I think it would be hard to have more than just your “buddies” enjoy a range without someone suing or injuring someone. I will say it’s a great idea though and mine has been great for my air rifles and powder burners. Luckily this land is a mile from me so maintenance is easy but in the summer I have to brush hog it quite a bit just to keep up, and A LOT of weed whacking. Good luck!

Boy I remember the days when you would/could play on your friends property/home and if you got hurt you just went home and that was it, period.. It just seems like nowadays no one take responsibility for their actions, its always someones else fault. So yeah unless its someone you totally know and trust its a scary proposition to have someone come on your property.

Thanks for all your inputs. I'm sure you are all correct about the liability. I'd like if things were the way they used to be. Are shooting sports are going to die with are generation.. Its getting to hard for normal people to get into the sport. I'm sure in my area there is only a handful of airgunners between Union town and Pittsburgh pa. Everyone I used to shoot powder burners with now only talk about or buy and show off their toys... No place to shoot...no ammo....too expensive.. One day a year I'd like to let people waste my $1.00 a pound cast lead slugs waste some air and have some fun time with like minded people. This day and age its tough.. Thanks for your inputs and truthful comments.

Reactions: TC724
Thanks for all your inputs. I'm sure you are all correct about the liability. I'd like if things were the way they used to be. Are shooting sports are going to die with are generation.. Its getting to hard for normal people to get into the sport. I'm sure in my area there is only a handful of airgunners between Union town and Pittsburgh pa. Everyone I used to shoot powder burners with now only talk about or buy and show off their toys... No place to shoot...no ammo....too expensive.. One day a year I'd like to let people waste my $1.00 a pound cast lead slugs waste some air and have some fun time with like minded people. This day and age its tough.. Thanks for your inputs and truthful comments.
Having a group of people over to shoot is definitely doable. I have groups over to my range or my ARs and such several times a year. I just don’t allow anyone there without me around. If you just had guys come over you found trustworthy many people could enjoy it without any real worries as long as everyone is on the same page.

My family has 106 acres or Rural property in southwest PA. I'd like to setup some kind of airgun range or competition... I'd love to have some other shooters.. Get people back into shooting... I'm not a man of means put have the property. I can brush hog a course . or build a few benches. Big bore or small bore. Just putting this out here and seeing your ideas and input.
I would contact existing clubs in your state ,or around the country might not be a nasty as it might seem .

Reactions: RM.510bigbore