In-Line moisture filters - 2 better than 1?

Yes, but drying the inlet side is smarter, as then you're not pressuring up a massive volume.
I've got a big dryer in line on mine, and it's really almost too dang much, as it takes a lot longer to fill, especially for top-offs or small volume fills - but, I want DRY air that has also been through a bit of charcoal to strip oil off of it.

Ron,
How about four? Almost ruined my Gauntlet with hand pumped moisture, not going to chance it with higher priced PCPs. WM
IMG_20220226_110144.jpg

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Ron,
Thanks, credit goes to Biohazardman, based on his suggestions. The blue (cotton-filled) filter was left over from hand pumping days, small black (cotton-filled) came with Yong Heng, the $60 gold has a replaceable (three-media) insert and the $125 copper-colored is a coalescing water separator (no media). Purchased copper-colored after black filter's frequent soaking, no problem since. My Florida garage is pretty humid, not all may need the copper filter. Best of Luck, WM

If one filter can remove 90-95% of moisture, would it make sense to string 2 of them back to back to maybe catch almost everything?
Actually it is very hard to remove water from air when at atmospheric pressure. Easier to remove when pressurized. And even easier to remove when under high pressure.

I had a hand pump system where I had pre pressurized dry air plumbed (from a shop compressor) to intake. I was able to still remove water after it was pressurized.

But yes remove water every way you can.

Allen

I was running my YH in the unfinished basement, but since I made it habitable wife kicked me out to garage because of the oil smell. So here is my setup.
Big orange - dual stage. In over a year I have never seen any mist coming out from the second stage.
I live in between Great Lakes, my summers are hot and humid and winters cold and humid. Today for example it was 4C and 75% and I was filling that 14L tank after a weekend range time.

20220926_140617.jpg