In line moisture filter

There are many filters on amazon/ebay of various quality. The question is which one is the same as the high priced ones someone put an expensive label on? Even the expensive ones are made the the same Chinese guy so how much you are willing to pay for a label is up to you.

Obviously the challenge is to find the good ones on Amazon, but thankfully they have free return policy.

This seems reasonable.

Generally agreed best set-up is $125 (eBay) water-coalescing filter followed by $60 (eBay) molecular sieve. HPA compressors, like Yong Heng, can manage, other designs, might not. If only allowed one, I'd use water-coalescing, does a good job of bulk moisture removal, molecular sieve is more of a finishing touch. WM
I cannot add much to this other than to state that a water coalescing filter requires a bit of flow and I doubt it would add much to a hand pump. I have used exactly this combo on YH pumps and downstream there appears to be no discernable moisture. I do have a much more expensive dive quality compressor and it uses a similar drying chain. I have not heard of spontaneous made in China filter explosions but am very circumspect about that and bought filters that were highly rated and recommended by others here. Some endcaps do not seem to capture the o-rings adequately. The water coalescing filter really strips an amazing amount of water off.

The only real problem I have seen in the 14yr I've had compressors; be very careful whose foster quick release you use and make sure ALL fittings are steel rated for the pressure! Having a whip blow off at 4500psi and swing around like a medieval mace is eye opening.

Reactions: rangur1
I think this link has what you are looking for - all the high end filtration but at a reduced price: https://nuvair.com/personal-filter-din.html

It is a reputable dive compressor filter, and thus should be around for a while for replacement media cartridges. Of course you will have to buy the right fittings to adapt it to fit in a typical foster fitting arrangement, but it would still be much cheaper than the $400 path . . .

This seems reasonable.

Double check fitting sizes, recent thread noted Chinese compressor and Hill filters don't share compatible fittings. WM

R

Hill uses 1/8 BSPP, I suppose you can use male 1/8 BSPP nipples on the hill and connect to it using quick connects from whips.
IIRC, member purchased Chinese compressor/Hill filter Combo on a Spanish website that sells Huben and was wondering why the fittings didn't connect. I'm sure there's ways around it but figured good to mention this up front to anyone considering Hill filter. WM

I bought this one years ago, working pressure 414 bar. It’s made in England so I’m sure it’s safe.

Pics of my actual unit……

IMG_3093.jpeg
IMG_3092.jpeg