• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other In case you were interested…Walther LGU .22 cal versus Norica Omnia ZRS .177 cal (Recoil-less springer)

Here is a recoil comparison between the two…you can see how ahead of the time the LGU really is. No felt recoil on the Omnia though…but LGU is darn close. I was shaking a little while holding the ZRS, what you see is me moving during the shot and not the rifle itself moving due to recoil. Cool tech. However, my LGU is still more accurate.

WALTHER…WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING…WHY DID YOU DISCONTINUE YOUR SPRINGER LINE…? WHY I OUGHTA…😡

I can’t see the video yet, I guess it has to be approved by the mods? That said, is this an apples to apples comparison? The LGU is a heavy rifle and mass has a lot to do with recoil.

-Marty
This is true as well 👍🏼

But even at 7 pounds I think it would still have around the same recoil. I’ve shot the LGU without the stock on and it’s quieter than almost all other Weihrauchs and AAs I’ve shot without their stock on. Factory tuned of course.

I shot R1Lover‘s tuned HW97…and it was even quieter/had less recoil than the LGU; his also had an amazing trigger. If I put a Tony Leach like kit in this LGU, I’d probably be at that level of quietness.

Last edited:
I think the LGU is the best OOB underlever of the last decade and thats even factoring in the God awful US factory trigger. Definitely a shame that its no longer made.
They are indeed very smooth out of the box. The cocking lever is so much tighter in terms of tolerances than the TX and 97k. I wish the others made their models with such good fit.

-Marty

Reactions: Maizen