Tuning Improving Maverick Shot Consistency

K, this is the best I could get and it's still not what I'd like to see. Same reg settings as before, 120/95 bar. I fully screwed in the hammer spring tension adjustment screw and then backed it out (3-1/2 turns) until I got my target velocity for JSB 18.1 gr pellets on power wheel setting 7. I then made a 4-shots though each of the power wheel settings and then a 10-shot string at the power wheel target (7 for 18.1 gr and 5 for 14.3). Should be clear. Wonder if the 2nd reg being nearly closed is not ideal. Maybe I should go up to 110 bar and reduce HST?

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 7.20.20 PM.1633652814.png

As others have pointed out the accuracy and precision of the FX gauges are not ideal, so I ordered a Sekhmet. I the meantime I pulled the gun apart cleaning and lubricating as appropriate. Also, my 2nd reg had 12 Belleville washers installed. I wondered if that was why I had no low end on that reg, barely cracked read 95 bar. So, I only installed 11 spring washers. Upon reassembly I think that may have been the primary culprit. Certainly have adjustability from around 50 bar on up. My regs are now set at 115/80 bar. I adjusted the HST adjustment screw 1/8 turn at a time and settled on 5/8 turn out from full in. Shooting 18.1. gr JSBs at PW=7 produces 905 FPS with a SD of 3.8 and ES of 10. 

For what it's worth I have three new FX rifles, this Maverick, a Wildcat MK3 and Impact M3. Unfortunately they've all have multiple problems. FX has been great for support, but still... The Impact initially had to go back to the dealer and since then both it and the Wildcat are back at FX USA for the second time. Designs are certainly feature packed, but parts, setup and QC probably could be improved upon, at least from my experience.

Thanks to everyone who read my updates and provided feedback. Happy to close the story on this one, hopefully for good.