Impressed by Benjamin Cayden

Finally have my new Cayden dialed in. Added a UTG SWAT 4-16x44mm scope, UTG bipod, and a DonnyFL Sumo moderator. Without the moderator the rifle was surprisingly loud. The Sumo makes the rifle extremely quiet, much quieter than my Umarex Origin in 25 caliber, which has a buck rail moderator installed.

Overall extremely happy with the Cayden. Accuracy has been fantastic, trigger is solid, and build quality is very good. Love the power adjustment knob as well which has proven to be necessary with lighter weight pellets. I had to back the power down to about 3/4 for the FX 15.9gr pellets, which was still 950fps but grouped well at that velocity.

I included a few index cards I shot with 3 different weight diabolo pellets. The gun was zero'd with the 18gr so ignore the one flier on the left and right cards. They were the first round shot to get my holdover for the 6 shot group that followed.

I'm getting a very consistent 48 shots per 3000psi FILL. Peak measured velocity over the 48 shot string was 910fps, with a low of 896fps. That was with the AA 18gr pellet, bone stock at full power. Stopped at 2000psi.

20220728_082709.jpg

20220728_161035.jpg

Reactions: JEHolloway
These are very nice rifles! Appears as though the forward engraving on the stock has changed from the older model I have... attractive swirl-like. (y)
I chose the BuckRail moderator for my gun, as I prefer the smaller diameter look. Similar results of accuracy seem to be the norm with these rifles.

I had first tried a Buck Rail moderator as well but ran into serious clipping issues that resulted in poor accuracy and big POI shifts. His customer service was excellent though, he immediately sent me out a replacement free of charge. Turns out mine was faulty as the threaded steel insert came loose inside the moderator.

While waiting for the replacement I picked up the Sumo, so I haven't tried the second Buck Rail. The Sumo is absolutely quieter, but it was also absolutely more expensive and much larger. If I didn't run into issues with the first Buck Rail moderator I wouldn't have bought the Sumo.

Finally have my new Cayden dialed in. Added a UTG SWAT 4-16x44mm scope, UTG bipod, and a DonnyFL Sumo moderator. Without the moderator the rifle was surprisingly loud. The Sumo makes the rifle extremely quiet, much quieter than my Umarex Origin in 25 caliber, which has a buck rail moderator installed.

Overall extremely happy with the Cayden. Accuracy has been fantastic, trigger is solid, and build quality is very good. Love the power adjustment knob as well which has proven to be necessary with lighter weight pellets. I had to back the power down to about 3/4 for the FX 15.9gr pellets, which was still 950fps but grouped well at that velocity.

I included a few index cards I shot with 3 different weight diabolo pellets. The gun was zero'd with the 18gr so ignore the one flier on the left and right cards. They were the first round shot to get my holdover for the 6 shot group that followed.

I'm getting a very consistent 48 shots per 3000psi FILL. Peak measured velocity over the 48 shot string was 910fps, with a low of 896fps. That was with the AA 18gr pellet, bone stock at full power. Stopped at 2000psi.

View attachment 279224

View attachment 279225
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I’m homing in on this as my first pcp.