• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Importing a thermal scope

Not sure about the import, but ATN makes it very clear that export is prohibited for their scopes, IR included. 

Check out 22 U.S.C. 2778 of the AECA and Executive Order 13637 "International Traffic in Arms Regulations" ITAR 22 CFR 120-130

Given how the Alphabet org makes up definitions its prob best to buy domestically. 

Not sure about the import, but ATN makes it very clear that export is prohibited for their scopes, IR included. 

Check out 22 U.S.C. 2778 of the AECA and Executive Order 13637 "International Traffic in Arms Regulations" ITAR 22 CFR 120-130

Given how the Alphabet org makes up definitions its prob best to buy domestically.

I can't send an ATN to Canada, but they can buy them there. Amazon.ca : atn x-sight 4k pro 5-20x

ITAR is a bit silly...

I've bought a night-vision monocular off Aliexpess. Took three attempts to actually receive one. I'd get a shipping notices, but no additional movement. Lots of waiting for the time to expire to file a claim but never lost any money.

I have two IR ATN’s and a third ( Thermal ) on the way. never had an issue. In regards to the bad reviews, using a low quality and incorrect spec’d SD card speed/capacity is the main issue I see happening, or they let Windows format the card instead of the scope and forget to reformat after the firmware is loaded. Bad SD cards will kill electronics or at least cause some wonky things to occur. Also the firmware gets corrupted if you try to open the .bin file, which I bet most problems are rooted as most don’t know what a .bin is and prob just double click on on it. Lastly, trying to charge from a cheap charger can also present a potential for damage with voltage irregularities. They are basically a computer and should be treated as such. Mine work like a charm and in decent light you can record the pellets in flight. Ballistics laser is insane with the smart mil reticle. Worth every penny, IMHO.

No. I've got a ATN 3-12x for that. Wanted something cheap, small and more portable than a scope attached to a rifle.

Have you seen the Leupold LTO Tracker thermal monoculars? They are a pretty sweet little handheld thermal device. I use it for all kinds of hunting and scouting. You can drive down the road seeing critters across the field at 50mph or use it to go into or out of the hunting area without alarming game. I especially like to use them when hunting in the wilderness in predator country.