• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Important "IGUANA HUNTERS" look at this

WOW!!. This is crazy. Very important for ALL us airgun users regardless of experience to understand the potential impact on our environment. Careless, reckless use of air guns for pest control will change this sport for ALL. Dispatching pests on farms or in isolated Urban areas is one thing, but using in a moderately dense populated area at a time of day when people are stirring around will lead to more of this. Please understand the trajectory of your pellet, the probability of ricochet.....just don’t use your gun in these areas. Maybe if legal set up a feeding area with a backstop...shoot from a designated area in a designated direction....BE disciplined! Find a way to be safe.

News stories like this will ruin our hobby/sport for everyone! Please educate your fellow airgunners and children, if we as participants do not stop this the Government WILL....and they will overreact!

I hope the moderators and owners of AGN will make this a hot topic in every forum, just as they do with their promotions. I reiterate if we don’t change/ educate ourselves....beware, could be the beginning of the end of an industry. Cash flow disruption....BUT long term debts will need to be paid! Please, Please lets do something to contain.

Beach-gunner

Dennis

Ok really misleading. Title says a pool boy was hit. I thought some kid swimming in the pool was hit. Then it said pool maintenance worker..wtf. so a grown man is considered a boy? Lmao.

~~~~~~~~~~~
It appears that you've totally missed the OP's point. It could well have been a child that was injured. And it will be, if air gunners don't take necessary safety precautions.

Agreed, the four rules of firearms need to be adhereed to, especially in a neighbor pesting situation. Mistakes such as this do not reflect well upon our great airgun community. Thanks to the OP as this is a good reminder to assess your area, choose the appropriate power level/caliber and think twice before sending lead. You are responsible for each one of those pellets/slug once they leave your gun. 

some things to consider:

working in some one;'s yard, use a lesser power gun. enough to kill the beasts cleanly DRT but not carry down the next 5 blocks

dont take high angle shots

if at all possible, shoot from a high vantage point down to the ground. 

work with a partner or two as spotters. take turns as the shooter

Lock the gate/door and any other access point

Whne in doubt, dont take the shot.

None of this should be new information...

Rule #1: Treat all guns as if they are loaded.

Rule #2: Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Rule #3: Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.

Rule #4: Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Agreed, the four rules of firearms need to be adhereed to, especially in a neighbor pesting situation. Mistakes such as this do not reflect well upon our great airgun community. Thanks to the OP as this is a good reminder to assess your area, choose the appropriate power level/caliber and think twice before sending lead. You are responsible for each one of those pellets/slug once they leave your gun.

Thank you. I could not possibly have written that letter myself. That's the stuff I learned the first time An adult put a firearm in my hand and taught me to shoot in the Boy Scouts.