• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Impact X how high you can set the regulator

Hi. After watching Matt Dubbers last video I decided to try his tuning method. 34 gr Javelins at 980 FPS requires about 165-170 on the reg with the slug power kit installed . This is my impact X and I remember reading somewhere that it’s not recommended to set the regulator higher than 150 . The impact X doesn’t have the latest MK2 regulator. So any advice ? 

You might consider the extra high pressure Huma regulators. They make 3 different lengths based on whether it is a Gen 1,2 or 3. People that have ran the stock regulator higher than 150 bar for a time can chime in. I have not ran mine anywhere near that with my My MK2 .30, which is pushing 45 grainers at about 921 fps with the reg. at 120 bar after I installed the power plenum. 

https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Impact

170 is the max reliable reg pressure. Honestly shouldn't need any more than that.

Glems answer is a reliable max pressure with a Gen2 regulator ☝️ My Gen1 Impact had the 14mm:8mm reg block capacity and was fussy with pressures above 135bar. Even with the Huma upgrade. The Impact MKI to the X had an upgraded regulator size of 16mm:8mm that offered better stability at higher pressures. Then the MKII 3rd gen reg was larger still at 16mm:10mm offering, again, better stability at all settings. 150-170bar is a reliable upper standard most X and MKII owners are comfortable with for excellent power and accuracy, YMMV. Tune your X to what you want/ need /expect and it will surely respond to your input, then adjust accordingly. Respect it and it's limitations and decide from there where to go. MKII 3G?