Impact vs RAW vs crown

One more thing about the RAW's. (Got 2) They are adjustable to a point. Just not as much as the Impact or Crown. Martin machines out a groove in the stock so you can adjust the HST without taking the action out of the stock. Very nice. I can adjust mine (BM 500 and TM 1000 in .177 for BR and FT) up and down about 55 fps. 

If (no, I'm pretty sure it's actually when!) I get a larger caliber RAW I would definitely go with the .25. The new JSB 34 gr pellet is just a superior projectile. The BC blows away that of the .30 and .35 pellets. Also, like Ken says, many more shots per fill and much less expensive ammo. 

chasdicapua,

There is more adjustability on the RAW than you might think, I can swap between barrels and shoot anything from the 25g .25 pellet up to the 50g .30 pellet at the desired velocity by just using the external adjustment. Could it drop down to .22 or .177? I haven't done it, but I believe RAW uses the same receiver for everything except .357 guns (I know that one is different) so maybe a new spring for the HST???? Don't know if a regulator or valve tweak would be needed or not.

I just got the Crown, I only have a few hundred rounds through it. It was shooting well out of the box. AOA has been responsive in answering some questions I had. I have no experience with the 2 other rifles. One reason I didn’t look at the Raw is I didn’t want a heavy gun 10+ pounds. But from what I’ve heard about the Raw is all positive. I think the early problems with the Impact have been worked out, but I’ve read that you must do everything by the book or you can cause damage. 

At this point, I think most of the problems of the Impact have been resolved. That said, both the Impact and crown have a lot of "moving parts". I believe many problems were a result of inexperienced air gunners. I would not recommend either of these rifles if you are new to air gunning (unless you are willing to have the dealer or tuner set things up for you). FX and other companies have other rifles that are "shoot ready out of the box" that would be more appropriate for beginners to pcps. If you are comfortable in fine tuning a rifle, (adjusting the speed, valve opening, hammer tension), minor pcp repair, and experiementing with pellet weight, then the Impact and Crown would be for you. If all you want to do is "shoot", which many air gunners want to do, then I would recommend staying with the RAW, Royal, or other premium rifle. In the end, all pcps will need maintenance and the more "moving parts" the more potential for maintenance. 
Hope this helps with your decision,
NM

Reactions: intenseaty22
Well I have an early run Fx impact and it has had some issues. I sent it back 3 times for different things and resealed the regulator myself, after warranty was up and I felt like testing my guns limits. I have shot everything from 22-30cal bout every pellet you can think of and if you want to keep good records and spend the trigger time I can think of no better gun. That said I would like to try an xtwist barrel in it. After over 4000 shots I don't that any issue has been all that bad I could have fixed them all but that's what the warranty was for I shouldn't have to. And I still sit down and one hole any afternoon I want out to 50yds (best at my back yard spot currently) but I did the long ranger challenge 150yds never having shot over 75yds with any seriousness in 7 shots. The gun is outstanding!

To be fair to the RAW in terms of it being louder you have to remember it’s 60fpe compared to 45fpe with the Impact and Crown. 
When those .25 King Heavies move at 900fps they really pack a punch. It is a big hike in power and where I personally think you get the best from the pellet. But .... whatever you shooting at 60fpe it will be harder to keep the noise under control. 

I know how well fx did in EBR over the last couple of years with the Impact and then the Crown shooting the .25 King Heavy pellets but I still don’t think there guns ‘optimise’ the performance of the King Heavy pellet the way the 1000x does. 
My opinion has been formed by some of my own personal experiences. I wanted the to get the best out of the King Heavy pellet with my Impact. 
So I now have a 60fpe Impact shooting the King Heavies through a Lothar Walther polygon barrel. 
I love what I have now but guess what. 
It louder! 

I have owned both FX and RAW.
For a short time I owned an FX Royale 500, then a Crown 30 cal.
Really liked the Crown, but had the opportunity to buy a RAW HM1000X in .30.
I could not pass it up, having shot other peoples RAWs and wanting one since the first time shot one.

I had to choose between the 2 and kept the RAW.
Both are amazing shooters, but the RAW has way better build quality.
The stock on the Crown has space on each side of the action, the RAW is so tight in the stock you pry it out.

As others have said you need to look at the Phoenix Airgun site, it is not just field target, the RAWs do very well in 75 yard and 100 yard. benchrest.