Impact Valve Seat

1543456137_94145265bff458909ff19.25212042_5EF534FA-5BEA-4F48-89F2-598440A11CC3.jpeg
1543456137_6625727225bff4589f13029.59149958_AE7ADFDA-8204-42F4-AE67-540DC27D84A0.jpeg

The one I drilled out worked just as well as the fx milled valve housing. I did change to the factory housing and got the same results. If your thinking of adding an additional plenum the Fx milled housing didn’t have the slot in line with the gauge hole. 

Can you point me to a picture of that? 

Rusty

1543458729_4568195105bff4fa97d4917.49411691_valve tube - Copy.jpg
1543460559_3912969765bff56cf60c076.14104493_af - Copy.png

Air comes through the valve seat, travels past the valve tube transfer port and hits the back wall where the red line is so it has to turn 180 then 90 to go out the transfer port.

If you break those corners the air should make the turn faster. You'll see when you look in the valve tube.

I agree. Rounding off the inside corners all around that valve outlet hole would be valuable. Thanks for the picture of the new valve tube. I wish I had just ordered one yesterday, but I guess I'll hack mine up. Did you happen to measure how wide those holes they milled are? Barring anything unexpected, I should be taking mine apart today to try some of this.

Thanks,

Rusty

Hi Heavy Impact. Yes your right. These where the first lot he made himself and not titanium. In titanium he probably didn’t need the larger shoulder for strength. I’m pretty sure as he struggled to keep up with demand himself he actually out sourced the the making of the valve seats. 

I just had the pictures of his originals stored with the picture of his valve housing and thought it may be of interest. 

Michael

Hi Heavy Impact. Yes your right. These where the first lot he made himself and not titanium. In titanium he probably didn’t need the larger shoulder for strength. I’m pretty sure as he struggled to keep up with demand himself he actually out sourced the the making of the valve seats. 

I just had the pictures of his originals stored with the picture of his valve housing and thought it may be of interest. 

Michael

I just ordered some spare parts from FX and purchased Mr Rowe's high power kit to try out. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get it, depending on how busy he is. The sales person said Mr Rowe makes them to order.

I just ordered some spare parts from FX and purchased Mr Rowe's high power kit to try out. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get it, depending on how busy he is. The sales person said Mr Rowe makes them to order.

I'll be really interested to hear what you get. I had specifically asked about buying the parts, but I was never given any way to do it. I will likely still be interested in an external reservoir, since I think it's unlikely I'll get to the speed I want without it.

I got everything apart, and will start trying to modify the valve tube and valve seat tomorrow. Of course my FX parts shipped in record time, and they'll be here maybe Saturday. Heck, I wish I had known about the new valve tube, since I'd have just ordered one. Oh well, I get to play with the CNC mill some more, and I'll have one of my slots on the bottom in line with the gauge hole. 

Rusty