• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact valve adjustment

shipping screw mk3 impact.PNG
shipping screw maybe.PNG

I believe that may be a transport/shipping screw as none of mine ever had them either. LoL besides if they did have on in that location I would want it to be all nylon as not to scar anything permanently haha.

Those three tapped holes are obviously there to lock down the knob. I assume there are three to give the operator access to at least one of them regardless of what rotational position the knob is in, since it is such a tight space. Presumably, if using steel set screws, the aluminum barrel will be damaged and scarred quite quickly. Perhaps this was poor planning on FX's part and they realized it too late. Just a complete guess. However, as @swNCsw mentioned, you could certainly use nylon set screws and just gently snug them up. Not sure why FX wouldn't just include them. It does bother me a bit to not have that locked down. Same with scope turrets that won't lock...drives me nuts just thinking about the possibility of it moving when it isn't supposed to.

Here is a fantastic solution if you are so inclined:
https://www.mcmaster.com/products/s.../metric-stainless-steel-nylon-tip-set-screws/

Last edited:
I checked my M3 after reading this post. The valve adjuster had two threaded holes with a set screw in one of them. And the set screw was tightened to the deepest point. So far I had only been able to tighten the valve adjuster to line 4, but after loosening it a bit I was able to get it to line 3. Thanks for this post that made me realize this. I was about to disassemble the valve.