Impact v Evol .....Daystate?

RAW needs to build a smaller lighter quieter gun that shoots slugs.

Yes, that is something I don’t understand, the block of the RAW is not too heavy but they put it in the stock that had the same mass a a small moon, And the moderators they fit as as much use as tits on a bull. I have modified many RAW, with different stock they are not heavy, with a better shroud/mod they are not loud (I can get them quieter than an impact)

I am not sure I entirely agree about the slugs, pellets are way more popular, cheaper to buy and at normal airgun ranges more accurate too. If you really want a RAW that shoots s slug, get an fx liner and fit it to the gun, any decent gunsmith or machinist could do that in about an hour.

Back on topic with the evol, it certainly looks the part but tactical guns are not everyone’s cup of tea, I would be very nervous about being seen with one here in the uk, the thought of staring down the barrel of an armed response team pistol, because someone has seen a man with a machine gun, is something I would rather not do.

Bb

The more I shoot it, the more I like this gun. C’Cut is right. I shouldn’t have switched guns in the middle of the race. But, this gun needs a little tune and a little time and it will be an awesome shooter. 

Crusher

1573869730_8507284505dcf58a283b633.74001165_6965ABAF-8728-4378-A34E-DE7B2F148960.jpeg

Reactions: pan60

Yes, that is something I don’t understand, the block of the RAW is not too heavy but they put it in the stock that had the same mass a a small moon, And the moderators they fit as as much use as tits on a bull. I have modified many RAW, with different stock they are not heavy, with a better shroud/mod they are not loud (I can get them quieter than an impact)

I am not sure I entirely agree about the slugs, pellets are way more popular, cheaper to buy and at normal airgun ranges more accurate too. If you really want a RAW that shoots s slug, get an fx liner and fit it to the gun, any decent gunsmith or machinist could do that in about an hour.

Back on topic with the evol, it certainly looks the part but tactical guns are not everyone’s cup of tea, I would be very nervous about being seen with one here in the uk, the thought of staring down the barrel of an armed response team pistol, because someone has seen a man with a machine gun, is something I would rather not do.

Bb

They also do a beautiful timber stock. 
1573877872_16603286625dcf78700fca83.85570390_B9F8FB32-AEE8-4A00-AFB4-1B907A6289F8.jpeg

The more I shoot it, the more I like this gun. C’Cut is right. I shouldn’t have switched guns in the middle of the race. But, this gun needs a little tune and a little time and it will be an awesome shooter. 

Crusher

1573869730_8507284505dcf58a283b633.74001165_6965ABAF-8728-4378-A34E-DE7B2F148960.jpeg

That is a thing of beauty Crusher. I would have found it very difficult to have left it in the case and not competed with it! Is that the case that comes with the rifle? I’ve seen some photos of there regulator and they look very well made like the rest of the gun. Is it easy to get to for tuning? Look forward to some details on how you finish getting it all sorted. 

Actually I cut that foam myself. This is a $150 RedHead case. And I bought the extra foam online. I traced it out and cut it myself. The gun comes in a cardboard box. I would have liked to have seen a nice case for this gun. At this price point, it seems like a case would be a must.

And just a little tip for you guys, when you cut a 2.5-3" thick foam for the fit, use an electric carving knife. Also, take the cutout, which looks like the gun and slice it along down the middle. Then put half the foam back in the hole. That lets the gun fit as this one does. Otherwise, the gun either sits too deep in the foam or sits against the back of the case.

I haven't cut any extras for it because since it has been so flippin cold in Texas, I haven't gotten it out to shoot. But I do intend to get her out this coming week with 70º in the near future. And yes I will be cutting holds for tins and mags.

Crusher

Did they go up in price when they shifted to the AOA announcement? I could have sworn they were lower priced, closer to the Impact at around $2200 when I looked a few months ago. Now, they appear to be more than a Red Wolf at $2800. I could be completely wrong though, so don’t hold me to that.

Yes, price when up, but I'm NOT sure why. I believe that AAA and AOA will both benefit from the partnership. Let's be honest, AAA customer service was kind of ----. Now, AAA can focus on making the guns and not selling them, that is all left up to AOA. As a potential future owner, I'd rather deal with those guys if there was ever a problem.

Bb

They also do a beautiful timber stock. 
1573877872_16603286625dcf78700fca83.85570390_B9F8FB32-AEE8-4A00-AFB4-1B907A6289F8.jpeg

Now that’s more like it 🤤 💕 

bb

EVOL’s barrel is firmly threaded into the receiver for maximum rigidity, unlike others that use set-screws, EVOL’s barrel can’t be knocked out of alignment during demanding field use.

This one thing is a major part of being a game changer. Most PCP barrels are set screwed in place and it doesn't take much more than a slight bump to alter the point of impact. If more companies would screw the barrel into the receiver, the overall accuracy may improve considerably.

I was just looking at my Veteran and realizing that it looks like it's got a threaded barrel. Ive never removed the barrel but there are two flats where you could turn it with a wrench, on the barrel right in front of the breech. And no set screws through the breech holding the barrel. I was able to find an old post on GTA from Motorhead saying they are indeed threaded. Just interesting to note. My Veteran is exceptional in every way. 

short answer, YES! (I am getting an Evol :D )
I own a 30 cal EVOL and I love it. I removed the long, sharp picatinny rail from the underside of the air tank. I also switched out the bigger Magpul stock for a lighter AR-style stock. I must have shaved 1-2 pounds off the weight with those adjustments. Now my EVOL. 30 is even better. It's an expensive gun but you get what you pay for!

I don’t think you could go wrong with either choice! I just received last Friday a JSAR Raptor in .22 and its more like an Impact but also like a Wicked Air Rifle (WAR) but the trigger is very close to a Daystate Regals, very light and crisp. It’s power is easily adjustable too and comes custom tuned to your specs...I did a write up on it in the PCP gate if interested. Good luck!

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I don’t think you could go wrong with either choice! I just received last Friday a JSAR Raptor in .22 and its more like an Impact but also like a Wicked Air Rifle (WAR) but the trigger is very close to a Daystate Regals, very light and crisp. It’s power is easily adjustable too and comes custom tuned to your specs...I did a write up on it in the PCP gate if interested. Good luck!
welcome to the raptor club, I have two 30 cal, a HP and a standard, I want an evol and want to sell my raptors to put some money towards it but having a hard time listing them for sale lol,my Huben is getting all my attention anymore and is my goto rifle, my others collect dust now, might sell my atamans too lol.. I guess they're not hurting anything sitting where they are at though.. guess ill just keep stashing money in my cigar box that my wife doesn't know about until I have enough for a AAA