Impact v Evol .....Daystate?

I agree with @Spray1Mark, the stock on the Paradigm looks heavy and club like…. They could svelte it up some, once you scope it, it’s a bench gun unless you’re a beast who can carry and deploy it afield.
I agree it "looked" heavy until I lifted it out of the box. I have some heavy-barreled long range center fire precision rifles and a .416 Rigby from Ruger. They are heavy. This walnut beauty is relatively, quite light and shoulders and handles beautifully. It is not just a bench rifle but could be a great coyote and varmint hunter (for which I bought it) In comparison, I bought an FX Crown in Walnut and thought it was going to be heavy . . . those who own one know it is not heavy either. My Daystate Air Wolf is heavy. Anyway, to each his own in aesthetics. I spent 26 years in the Marine Corps and Navy and got my fill of "black rifles." I don't need a black rifle to fulfill a fantasy or play "war games" in my mind as I'm shooting starlings. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
welcome to the raptor club, I have two 30 cal, a HP and a standard, I want an evol and want to sell my raptors to put some money towards it but having a hard time listing them for sale lol,my Huben is getting all my attention anymore and is my goto rifle, my others collect dust now, might sell my atamans too lol.. I guess they're not hurting anything sitting where they are at though.. guess ill just keep stashing money in my cigar box that my wife doesn't know about until I have enough for a AAA
What kind of energy are you getting from those raptor 30's? I had looked at them a long time ago? I think they are still selling?

What kind of energy are you getting from those raptor 30's? I had looked at them a long time ago? I think they are still selling?
Yes they are still selling them under new management, my standard raptor is putting out like 85fpe with 44 jsb’s at current tune and the hp is putting out 115fpe with the 50 jsb’s, the only mods I have in them are the Cothran powerhouse valves in them, they both can be tuned for a lot more power but the tunes I have them at are good enough for my use.

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

Yes they are still selling them under new management, my standard raptor is putting out like 85fpe with 44 jsb’s at current tune and the hp is putting out 115fpe with the 50 jsb’s, the only mods I have in them are the Cothran powerhouse valves in them, they both can be tuned for a lot more power but the tunes I have them at are good enough for my use.

View attachment 369895

View attachment 369896
Very nice! Do they shoot slugs and are you serious about wanting to sell?

Very nice! Do they shoot slugs and are you serious about wanting to sell?
They both have tj barrels and will shoot slugs, I never really messed with slugs in these, got out of the slug craze and have no interest in them, I shot a few fx hybrids from one of them and it shot fine, all my shooting is 75yds and less and pellets are just as accurate at those distances as slugs and kills pests just as quick. As for selling them? Some days I want to sell everything I have and get out of this hobby and some days I would sell my wife before I sell my Raptors lol

They both have tj barrels and will shoot slugs, I never really messed with slugs in these, got out of the slug craze and have no interest in them, I shot a few fx hybrids from one of them and it shot fine, all my shooting is 75yds and less and pellets are just as accurate at those distances as slugs and kills pests just as quick. As for selling them? Some days I want to sell everything I have and get out of this hobby and some days I would sell my wife before I sell my Raptors lol
Cool. Thanks for the info! I was just wondering.. I had seen you wanted to sell and get an evol. I ended up with too many hubens (if that's a thing) They are amazing! Like your screen name BTW! Happy 4th!

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Cool. Thanks for the info! I was just wondering.. I had seen you wanted to sell and get an evol. I ended up with too many hubens (if that's a thing) They are amazing! Like your screen name BTW! Happy 4th!
Ya I love my huben, it’s my goto rifle.. a evol 30 is my next purchase… I want to sell a bunch of my rifles that collect dust now but the day I want to list them I always have second thoughts, especially the ole Raptors, they are like old friends 😊 my hp Raptor was second off the line, I know it isn’t worth much but to me having the second one made is priceless.

IMG_2827.jpeg

Ya I love my huben, it’s my goto rifle.. a evol 30 is my next purchase… I want to sell a bunch of my rifles that collect dust now but the day I want to list them I always have second thoughts, especially the ole Raptors, they are like old friends 😊 my hp Raptor was second off the line, I know it isn’t worth much but to me having the second one made is priceless.

View attachment 369924
Yea I don't blame you for wanting to keep them. They are special from what I've heard. I am looking for another lever .30 but being patient. AAA EVOL is on my list too. I think I'll keep a Huben for trading purposes later. :)

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Yea I don't blame you for wanting to keep them. They are special from what I've heard. I am looking for another lever .30 but being patient. AAA EVOL is on my list too. I think I'll keep a Huben for trading purposes later. :)
Can’t go wrong with a huben, I know mine is here to stay, I’ll never sell or trade it

Last edited:
Reactions: Chard