Impact ST vs ST X q?

Question is specific to the impact for me but is really a broader application inquiry.... And is close to a question that was asked within the past day or 2 but I'm going to ask it my way...

Are the FX ST barrel and the FX STX Barrel (outer barrel, not just the liner) the same diameter for the full length?? or is there any milling of the STX outer barrel to step it into action components?

I'm just trying to balance options vs changes vs the spare parts I already have. In this case it's the shroud I'm thinking of in particular.

Hi,

OD is the same 14.2mm if I remember correctly, end thread is the same across most, if not all barrels as well. Assuming you have the same barrel length the old shroud will slide right on if not, then it will slide on but either be short or too long.

Thank you sir! Thinking about something that doesn't seem to be one of the available options. Honestly don't care if it's even with a ST or STX barrel but knowing that they are the same reduces the barriers.... If anyone cares - I'm thinking about a 500mm .25 barrel for closer and detuned winter (fast approaching in the mid atlantic) shooting. Not the norm...But I have the right shroud!