Impact Slug Barrel Kit?

I've heard from a few people who say that the slug liners shoot pellets very well.

When I get mine, I'm going to try pellets through it before I think about swapping the liner.

I'd just as soon swap the liner if I want to shoot pellets rather than the whole assembly. I've pulled the liners in the WC and Crown quite a few times and never had a problem. One other thing to think of is that in order to pull the barrel assembly, you'd have to remove the scope each time if your front scope mount covers any of the barrel set screws.

On the Crown? (there's just one screw on my Impact on the right side of the action to remove it)

As you slide your barrel into the gun it passes through several orings. These will wear a little over time if you change barrels often so need replacing occasionally. They are recommended to be 70nbr but I replaced mine with 90nbr which are a little firmer. I also just put a little lube on the barrel when fitting it to help stop wear. Same for the 2 orings on the barrel

Michael

This came today from UA..

1549143587_6333442235c560e232deb35.90317454_377FB6E1-373A-40C6-A4E2-F8F97195DA73.jpeg

I won't get the barrel kit and other items until Tuesday via FedEx. 3 days slower and almost 3x the price.. I should have chosen USPS for everything!

As you slide your barrel into the gun it passes through several orings. These will wear a little over time if you change barrels often so need replacing occasionally. They are recommended to be 70nbr but I replaced mine with 90nbr which are a little firmer. I also just put a little lube on the barrel when fitting it to help stop wear. Same for the 2 orings on the barrel

Michael

Yeah, I don't think firmer o-rings would hurt (I say this after receiving 100x buna70 rings for the barrel lol). I need to tinker with it a little and see if I can one up with something clever. 

Ghost,

My barrel kit is coming via FedEx as well....also due on Tuesday. It could be that some items don't ship via USPS due to their size.

No, I default to using FedEx - I had placed two orders with UA with FedEx shipping, and as I ordered the slug liner I got a notification saying it was going to take 5 (damned) days from Utah > WA. It was then that I chose USPS for the third order (slug barrel), which got here earlier than the tracking had anticipated (was suppose to arrive Monday).

Basically FedEx Express saver sucks if you're trying to get something quickly.