Impact shooting slugs

This is the energy chart for a 26gr slug. Pretty crazy numbers. 

1548706288_18935634705c4f61f0690789.90135054_Screenshot_20190128-220951_Strelok Pro.jpg

Whoa!!! By those numbers, I could hunt out to 275m! 

Even 1/4KM .. I'm going to need a bigger scope 
1f440.svg

Haha dont forget your adjustable scope mounts, ive shot baracudas 200m before its doable and still 11fpe if they start fast enough.

Haha dont forget your adjustable scope mounts, ive shot baracudas 200m before its doable and still 11fpe if they start fast enough.

Nice! I'm coming across a bunch of your threads, great stuff! Swaged is all the rage it would seem, I totally get it though - outta use precision ammo for precision shots out of these air beasts.

Good point on the mounts, I'm freaking out a little about how high the rail sits on these Impacts. I just started acquiring 30MM scopes, spent some coin on good rings - except they're all non-adjustable and ultra-high lol! 😭 I was looking at those Larue QD rings, heard their solid - but I'm not seeing any of them being adjustable on the height. 

I'm shooting the .218 currently with awesome results. Seems both the .217 and .218 perform very well out of the liners. For some reason I prefer the .218 but I shot the .217 with very good results as well.

That is promising! Maybe the kilo of .217 I have coming today won't be a waste after all.

I did order more of a variety of .218 than .217, but knowing myself well - I'm going to want to go with the heaviest possible for distance

Hello Roelf

Thank you for all the info, I have several Impact X in different calibers, 2 of them have a 500mm barrel with Donny FL moderator, and .22 cal, do you think it would be possible to shoot accurately slugs with these 2 rifles or the 500mm barrel is just too short for slugs and you don't think they will be accurate?

Thank You

From what I understand, the lighter slugs would work well (and possibly better) with 500mm slug liners.

The problem with the lighter slugs is that you basically get to a point where you just shoot the tip or hollow point part of the slug. For example, the 19gr has no body and is just the tip. That is a big negative for stability. I recommend going 23gr and up, maybe 22gr. Unfortunately you need a 600mm to get them up to speed. But that being said, still go out and test.

The problem with the lighter slugs is that you basically get to a point where you just shoot the tip or hollow point part of the slug. For example, the 19gr has no body and is just the tip. That is a big negative for stability. I recommend going 23gr and up, maybe 22gr. Unfortunately you need a 600mm to get them up to speed. But that being said, still go out and test.

What other mods have you done with your X?

How did I miss this post?

I figure that the spacer is to get a bit of more tension on the spring and is probably just some sort of washer? can you post pictures?

600mm 0.22 are available but 700mm where? (but what I really want is the 0.25 cal 700mm slug liner!)

What has become clear to me is that with the 600mm 23gn slug is the max (without any mod) and 700m is the 26gn

Anyway, thanks for sharing that info Roelf, really awesome! Reading this post I have answered most of my doubts (while I wait my liner and slugs). Looks like you got a lot of fun in that farm! I enjoy watching you guys...