• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Impact Rear Shroud Cone

Does anyone know where I can get a modified rear shroud cone for an FX Impact barrel?

I want to install an FX 700mm barrel tensioner kit and would like to reuse my factory shroud. The inside diameter of the rear shroud cone needs to be modified from 14mm to 20mm. I don’t have a 3D printer or machine shop to fabricate my own part.
Nobody sells them that I know of. I bought a mini lathe and modified my own to do this, as you may have seen before here. If you had the specs you want and the oring, a machine shop could do this pretty easily(inexpensively) since it's not crazy tolerance dependant. Plus the carbon shroud is epoxied in, but the factory cap can be removed from the aluminum shroud. Id possibly be willing to trade my aluminum tail cap for your unmodified one if you wanted to pay shipping for the labor of it. (not pictured.) it is sized to the fx tensioner tho.
20230210_080352.jpg

Not sure I follow what you’re saying. I’ll PM you later.

I had a machine shop cut a 10’ stick of black pipe for me once. They wanted to charge me $90. I told them to keep the pipe and planned on reporting them to the BBB. I then went to Lowes where they cut and threaded the pipe for free.

I was doing some searching on the web and came across this piece. Seems like it would work but looks cheap and ugly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1758121194...f2D28Oq/pm7fVuMfXT9/aNBNKAs=|tkp:BFBM4tOu06pi

Not sure I follow what you’re saying. I’ll PM you later.

I had a machine shop cut a 10’ stick of black pipe for me once. They wanted to charge me $90. I told them to keep the pipe and planned on reporting them to the BBB. I then went to Lowes where they cut and threaded the pipe for free.

I was doing some searching on the web and came across this piece. Seems like it would work but looks cheap and ugly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175812119478?hash=item28ef380bb6:g:0igAAOSwaTNj3uIu&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA0O7IESQglg1XImAoLJQwbQsQj5oIFgNPTet6N/HZxiKeudm57VPV259FhfQyUX+ZY8F8frOGOzO/MziltENNMBnAhAO2/RQL2QL4gSAZoSvZtvOyP3fBU/ahrUCXcCjW+IHHbhqPWG0gEQYNcKpvWXv/2+4xus1yR3/Dh25/vxu1kIhiolkP6roDw1Eo0s4R4wfXl8OCWwYUN8hgvW403o9aUfuLKuOJgOuJn7uC4ExXid3S2hGyEicrxgWvf2D28Oq/pm7fVuMfXT9/aNBNKAs=|tkp:BFBM4tOu06pi
That was their way of telling you they didn't want the job really.

The 3d printed one may work depending on the filament used but the print quality is is pretty poor imho. If it is abs, there's tricks I can fill you in on.

I have my aluminum shroud modded as well as my carbon fiber, to fit the outside diameter of the fx tensioner. I will trade you my machined one for your stock one if you ship yours to me at your expense. I will then ship you the used finished one with an o ring as it is, in trade, if that interests you. If not interested, no biggy It will remain in my barrel parts box otherwise. I'm glad to see others interested in doing this mod without feeding fx and their drip-feed modifications(you know they'll never sell a cap and it will have to be a full shroud) getting you to perpetually spend money.

Best of luck on your adventure.