Impact rattle question

Hey guys. Noticed yesterday i have a tiny rattle/ tink noise at the rear of the rifle buy the plenum/ reg pressure gauge. Can't remember hearing it before. This is with the gun cocked. If i tip it around, i can hear something moving around. Possibly something on the valve rod loose? Not complaining, she's got north of 5000 pellets through it. Just wondering if its something that may need attention. Still doing fine over the chronograph.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I think Biohazard may have nailed it. Putting my ear against the plenum and tipping the gun i can hear it a little better. Makes the noise when i roll it also.Very tiny rattle. Its a mkII and didn't know if the c-3 was chunking up or something. Can anyone noticed it on there's when cocked? If it bugs me enough, ill tear into it and investigate.

thanks guy's!

Correct. MKII PP. I think I've found the issue. Have it tore down to the plenum and valve block. Sounds like something rattling in the reg pressure gauge. Has been a little jumpy on readings lately. Question, does the plastic trim piece come off gauge so I can get a wrench on it? I want to pull the gauge and isolate the noise. Only thing it can be I think.

Yeah just pull it straight off away from the block. I only had the feeling he had the pp model from a post on another forum sayiing he got it (pretty recently)

After its degassed might just be able to unscrew it by hand. Same when you install it again just do it pretty tight by hand and it'll seal. (I degas the plenum by just unscrewing the reg gauge slowly and once it starts to hiss leave it till its empty)

*doesn't need to be bottomed out, align the gauge to your liking at the "fairly snug" setting and itll seal

RJ, your hearing must me a lot better than mine. My wife would agree but on the plus side it's a auto filter on things I really didn't need to hear. lol I can hear the plenum refill though which is pretty cool. 

Jking

Lol! I hear ya. With this covid crud and the wife working from home...I'm getting a look at what retirement is going to be like. Lol! Time for me to start cranking the radio up and dull the hearing just a tad.

Must be a tiny screw came off in the gauge and rattling around in the housing.