• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact Purchase ??

I have the impact in .22 with sliding shroud. I like the shorter version and it is very quiet as well as accurate. I don’t want the .25 because it is more power than I need for squirrels, rabbits and pests at the dairy farm. I don’t want any collateral damage from the extra power of a .25."

~~~~~~~~

The .22 caliber Impact is a very good choice. My Impact X .22 caliber is tuned to 40+ pfe with the JSB 25.4 grain monsters, comparable to many .25 caliber PCPs.

It all depends on what you want to do with the gun. 100 yard bench, go with the 25 (or .30), and 700mm barrel. Squirrels in the back yard, .22 is great with standard 600mm barrel, and the ammunition is cheaper. 500 in a tin instead of 330 for .25 caliber.

I have a Gen 1 Impact upgraded to the X barrel. Blew a regulator o-ring, and waiting for parts to come in. Before you buy, watch the new Master Class series on YouTube FX put out with Earnest Rowe. Also, you can download schematics with all o-ring sizes from the FX international web site.

I will be the first to admit I am in way over my head with this much gun, but am learning. Do make sure the gun fits your needs. If I intended to shoot squirrels and not really adjust and tune the gun, I'd buy a Wildcat Mk II instead. Less expensive, all the phenomenal FX components, just not as easy to adjust if you want to go that route. Still laser accurate.

If you don't have access to a chronograph, plan on buying one. You'll need that to adjust the regulator, to achieve max accuracy. A decent chrono will run a bit over $100 

Point being, make sure you really want an Impact before buying. It's a thoroughbred gun and requires certain care and TLC to keep it in fighting form.

Oh, and don't do what I did, remover the barrel, forget the gun was cocked and pull the trigger without uncocking first. It is incredibly loud and just about guarantee a blown o-ring somewhere. In my case the regulator took the hit. Gun down till I get spare O-rings in.

I will say that working with FX to buy parts is an interesting experience. I had questions so they had one of the technicians call me back to confer. That's customer service!

Have you considered the .30 bucks wind nice its quiet lots of power and even if i shoot a dove in the chest most of the brest meat is still good also vital shots kill with athority birds drop dead right there i love mine and its not even the impact x whatever caliber you get if you get one have the company you order from set it up for the specific pellets you plan to use i had aoa tune mine for the 50.15 grain all i did was max out hamer spring adjustment allen screw and it was pelet on pelet at 47 yards my back yard range i did the 150 long ranger with it. i never owned a .25 but have had .22 pcps my experience is bigger is better if you can get the pellet to the sweet fps spot where its accurate

You’ll only be disappointed. It will never be as accurate as your .22 Red Wolf HP shooting 50 fpe. It’ll be like your Unicorn. You’ll be searching and searching but never find what you already have....

I know you are right. I have 2 of the most accurate guns you can buy, and my Crown shoots just as well. :) I was considering an Impact because I just really dig the look of the gun. But you are right. I have everything I need......... but the WANT list is still ever present. You know, like I would love to have a Cricket with wood as beautiful as the Vulcan you just stole... I mean purchased.

Crusher

You’ll only be disappointed. It will never be as accurate as your .22 Red Wolf HP shooting 50 fpe. It’ll be like your Unicorn. You’ll be searching and searching but never find what you already have....

I know you are right. I have 2 of the most accurate guns you can buy, and my Crown shoots just as well. :) I was considering an Impact because I just really dig the look of the gun. But you are right. I have everything I need......... but the WANT list is still ever present. You know, like I would love to have a Cricket with wood as beautiful as the Vulcan you just stole... I mean purchased.

Crusher

Both you guys have it right, I also have a very nice shooting .25 and .30 but something about a Impact in .30 with a 700mm barrel for long shots calls me but then I need to ask myself if it’s a need or more of a want and it ends up being a want that I don’t really need but would like to have. What a mind game it is.

Anyways,

Cant wait to see how my .25 Mega Marine is going to shoot when Troy is done with it.

heres a few groups from my .25 impact original st barrel
1542074702_10181627665bea314eaf1f77.54283728_10.JPG
These are 58yrds, the sighters were 2 mags (32)shots the others are 3 shots each best group was in the middle
1542074856_15913939055bea31e8535b03.81107573_1122.JPG
This was 100yrds close to an inch except the one i pulled to the right. JSB king heavy's 58 fpe