Tuning Impact probe alignment issues

So I bought my impact with a slug pin probe installed, and was having issues with shooting pellets like the hades with deep skirts that wouldn’t load fully past the transfer port hole. I bought a huma high flow slug/pellet probe to replace it and seat the pellets to the proper depth. At the same time I bought that, I bought the huma single shot loader, and used this setup for the past month or so without issues. Fast forward to today. I decided to do some back yard plinking, and load up the magazine for ease of cycling. I insert the magazine, and hmmm. The pellet probe gets stuck going into the transfer port. At first, I though the magazine was holding it up, but it’s making it through the magazine, and then getting caught up on the lip of the transfer port opening. Confused, I remove the magazine, and try without it in. Probe goes right into the transfer port. Must be the magazine right? So I lessen the spring pressure on the magazine, and same problem. Try my other magazine, same problem. At this point, I fiddle around with the probe, and find out if you put your finger against the probe while pushing the bolt forward, it catches the side of the transfer port. I remember the original fx probe causing similar issues, and they updated it with a chamfered front to alleviate the problem. The huma doesn’t have this chamfer. Is this my problem? Or am I missing something else?

Did you got the Impact second hand? Is it in original factory mod?

Did you or anybody else toke it apart for reason of tuning or upgrading? Do you have the adjustable length pin probe or the full solid one?

Usually both the pin probe and pellet probe loosing the alignment on the pellet pin/probe holder (B10) and the thread got loose on B12 and B19 and the misalignment could be sideways or on vertical.

Pin probe or pellet probe really doesn't matter, you can "tune" both, without a mag and close the "action" you can adjust the depth in full retract position to be flash with the sidewall of the plate (B3-B4). Best to tune with a thread B10-B12-B19, loctite and leave it.

Mixing pellets probe and slugs pin probe is not a good practice because of the depth of a set point. Me personally I removed the pin probe and use that Huma pellet probe with both, the outer ring/wall will set both to a same depth vs the pin probe (as you have already noticed).

Did you got the Impact second hand? Is it in original factory mod?

Did you or anybody else toke it apart for reason of tuning or upgrading? Do you have the adjustable length pin probe or the full solid one?

Usually both the pin probe and pellet probe loosing the alignment on the pellet pin/probe holder (B10) and the thread got loose on B12 and B19 and the misalignment could be sideways or on vertical.

Pin probe or pellet probe really doesn't matter, you can "tune" both, without a mag and close the "action" you can adjust the depth in full retract position to be flash with the sidewall of the plate (B3-B4). Best to tune with a thread B10-B12-B19, loctite and leave it.

Mixing pellets probe and slugs pin probe is not a good practice because of the depth of a set point. Me personally I removed the pin probe and use that Huma pellet probe with both, the outer ring/wall will set both to a same depth vs the pin probe (as you have already noticed).

The gun was bought second hand from Ernest Rowe. It came with an adjustable pin probe, but I pretty much only shoot pellets, so I got the huma probe. This is the probe that’s giving me issues. The pin probe worked fine to advance through the magazine, it just wasn’t seating the pellets deep enough in the dual hole transfer port. I checked all screws were tight, and I don’t swap between the 2. I just want to keep the huma in it if I can get it to work properly. 

I did it about an hour ago and did some more shooting. It helped but not as good as the stock probe. I can live with it now. I worked it with 400 grit sandpaper. The wall thickness of the Huma probe is so thin that getting really nice chamfer is not possible without turning it into a hole punch.

So. Really my best bet is to get the faactory probe?

So I chamfered the probe and tried it again. It was a little better, but would still get stuck from time to time. What lines up the magazine with the transfer port? I feel like if I move the mag down a bit and wiggle, the pellet will load. Is the alignment of the magazines off?

I went back to pin probe, and it works fine again. If I have to stay with the pin probe, I can’t shoot hades like I wanted to do. So that’s a bummer, but 34.9 grain jsbs and slugs seat just fine 

It may or may not help but try loosening the barrel grub screw and with the mag in place make sure it is fully seated and re tighten the grub. If the barrel is not fully seated there could be an alignment issue with the mag?

I made sure the barrel is properly seated, and it is. If the mag is the issue, how do I adjust alignment of the magazine?