• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact power wheel

Today l installed a new VS and bumber in my lmpact.
When l was fine tuning it on the chrony l found that the power wheel was not 
very responsive between power setting 2 and max. Probably about 15 fps. It is a bit scuffed up even though l don’t change it much. I run it on 4 with the valve adjuster on the 4th line giving me 940 -950 fps with 25 grainers.
There is no play in the power wheel. I found that the valve adjuster was very responsive and worked like l thought the power wheel would.
l’m interested to hear of other people’s experience with there power wheel over the chrony.

You are right, when the regulator is fixed, and the hummer spring has a threshold, upper the threshold only the valve effect the velocity.
So choose the right power setting which is a little higher then the needed(upper that the velocity only change very little), then you can get the most efficient use of air.

You have to much hammer spring preload, impact are setup from factory to have about 1/4” slack between hammer spring C7 to HSTA C8 on max on the power wheel when unlock so there will be speed variations per setting on the wheel.

if you adjusted above factory setting to your preference you are limiting the power adjustment features of the power wheel. 

On my personal and shop Impact I do set it on the high mod setting and rarely shoot below that, I like mine shooting hot .30 cal at 82 FPE and .25 at 68 FPE with excellent accuracy, with this setting the power wheel is useless. 

"sniperlabyo"You have to much hammer spring preload, impact are setup from factory to have about 1/4” slack between hammer spring C7 to HSTA C8 on max on the power wheel when unlock so there will be speed variations per setting on the wheel.
if you adjusted above factory setting to your preference you are limiting the power adjustment features of the power wheel. 
On my personal and shop Impact I do set it on the high mod setting and rarely shoot below that, I like mine shooting hot .30 cal at 82 FPE and .25 at 68 FPE with excellent accuracy, with this setting the power wheel is useless.