Impact power testing with Huma brass inlet

I'm getting ready to find out what the difference is in a stock modified port and the Huma dual port. I have one on order and should have it this week. I tried a different push probe today. I made a pin type and shot it over the chrony. I set the depth and shot several 25 cal 36.2 nsa slugs and found I lost 15 fps. shot 1014fps with the stock mod and 997 with the pin probe. Maybe it will pick up with the Huma port.
1594684086_13890915405f0cf2b62170d1.07996914.jpg

I got the power plenum installed. A few shots over the chrono shows an increase of 60 FPS to 960 with the MKIIs. This is with same 150 SP, and with either max or min on power wheel.

I used the old valve spring captured within the PP. I had to use the old HS (hammer spring) spacer to block the long valve spring from going down into the front port of the plenum, which worked out great. I used the old HS, which was about a 1/4" longer than the new HS. The spring rates seemed about the same to me. I also used the same rubber valve cap.

I got the power plenum installed. A few shots over the chrono shows an increase of 60 FPS to 960 with the MKIIs. This is with same 150 SP, and with either max or min on power wheel.

I used the old valve spring captured within the PP. I had to use the old HS (hammer spring) spacer to block the long valve spring from going down into the front port of the plenum, which worked out great. I used the old HS, which was about a 1/4" longer than the new HS. The spring rates seemed about the same to me. I also used the same rubber valve cap.

Recipe for HEAT! Try dropping the reg to 120 or less i bet the numbers wont change much

Recipe for HEAT! Try dropping the reg to 120 or less i bet the numbers wont change much

Yes, I'll tinker with it from here when in cooler weather. I'm going to see if there is anymore HS adjustment left. I'd like to be able to shoot them faster, but don't want to go over 150 SP. I still have the porting to go with the Huma dual port TP and probe mods. It would also be great to be able to lower the SP more at this power level. It was doing near half MOA at 50 yards at 900 FPS.

I'm thinking I either need to go up on the reg or back off on the HS with not having any PW adjustment. I think going with the new HS might be good as well. I say this because I put a nylon washer in between the hammer weight and the hammer to prevent metal to metal contact. That shorter new HS would balance the spring length better back to original spacing. 

I've got to go back in and lower the hammer energy. I set the reg to 120 and up for different speeds, but don't have much adjustability on the power wheel. Too much hammer weight or HS currently. I've got the set point at 140 bar shooting 900 FPS with the 34gr MKIIs for now. That's with allowing a 3% drop from max SP velocity to shoot just below the knee.

It has a much quieter report now, and is back to drilling holes at 50 yards. I'll probably wait on the Huma dual port TP and probe mods to arrive before continuing with the PP upgrade tuning.

1594829141_2341037885f0f2955474ca6.69901447.jpg

With the hammerweight in there and a lower reg pressure yeah can turn the little hammer spring set screw way down. The weight adds preload on its own don't forget.

Glad you're loving it enjoy the process 👍

Yes, it's a lot of fun dialing them in. I'll get it all sorted out while trying to keep it shooting in the meantime. It sure is a sweet gun. The ES still remains near 3 FPS with lots of duplicates popping up.

I wound up just installing the new valve spring and cap on the new PP upgrade. I left the old, long valve spring still in the plenum, I can control the valve spring more now, plus I can remove the new valve spring and go back with the rubber ball cap easily, too. No chrono numbers yet, but shooting very strong, snappy and quiet still. I should have the Huma dual ports soon.

I wound up just installing the new valve spring and cap on the new PP upgrade. I left the old, long valve spring still in the plenum, I can control the valve spring more now, plus I can remove the new valve spring and go back with the rubber ball cap easily, too. No chrono numbers yet, but shooting very strong, snappy and quiet still. I should have the Huma dual ports soon.

That's excellent, sounds like youre well on your way!