• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact power plenum consistency issues

Here a couple weeks ago I installed a power plenum on my .25 impact with 700mm barrel. I kept the original 57mm hammer spring, other than that everything else was swapped over. Ever since then I can’t seem to get the gun to shoot very consistent. I am trying to get JSB MK2s in the 925fps area. Which I can do with ease but it will shoot 2-3 shots within 5fps then throw one 10-50fps slower or faster. I have ran my reg pressure anywhere from 115-140 bar, my valve stop in several different locations, and hammer spring from middle of the road to maxed out. I paid very close attention to my regulator gauge today and it seemed to take a very long time to get back up to pressure after taking a shot, sometimes even falling slightly short of where I had it set. I can not find a sweet spot to get any consistency. Despite the rather large ES it still shoots very well out to 40-50 yards. Beyond that you can really see the ES taking effect. Can anyone think of anything that may be causing this? Maybe something I’m missing? I appreciate any help, thank you.

" I paid very close attention to my regulator gauge today and it seemed to take a very long time to get back up to pressure after taking a shot, sometimes even falling slightly short of where I had it set. "

I would suggest to take a look at the regulator, honestly I don't know anything about the FX regulators how to check them, because I got a Huma in my impact.

Here a couple weeks ago I installed a power plenum on my .25 impact with 700mm barrel. I kept the original 57mm hammer spring, other than that everything else was swapped over. Ever since then I can’t seem to get the gun to shoot very consistent. I am trying to get JSB MK2s in the 925fps area. Which I can do with ease but it will shoot 2-3 shots within 5fps then throw one 10-50fps slower or faster. I have ran my reg pressure anywhere from 115-140 bar, my valve stop in several different locations, and hammer spring from middle of the road to maxed out. I paid very close attention to my regulator gauge today and it seemed to take a very long time to get back up to pressure after taking a shot, sometimes even falling slightly short of where I had it set. I can not find a sweet spot to get any consistency. Despite the rather large ES it still shoots very well out to 40-50 yards. Beyond that you can really see the ES taking effect. Can anyone think of anything that may be causing this? Maybe something I’m missing? I appreciate any help, thank you.

Hi Scgreve427, 

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your impact and Power Plenum. If you would send us your name, phone number and email we can have a tech get in contact with you as soon as possible to try and sort out any issues you are having. 

Regards, 

FX Customer Service Support

One would expect it to take slightly 3 times as long to fill the plenum because the volume tripled. However, that should be happening in less than a second unless you've got a reg issue. 

To put it another way, you may have had an issue that you didn't notice when the plenum volume was lower. If it took 3 seconds to fill before it would rarely be an issue but 9 seconds could be.