• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact pellets and slugs

I can's say much for the "Impact" or any FX rifle. What I will say is that the "TRUE" id of the barrel determines what slug to use. Too tight or Too loose will never give you the sub moa accuracy that your rig is capable of shooting. I with Bamavet55 on the Zan slugs for my Mrods, NSA has a .250 that my rigs like, and the BT65 like a .253 slug at 40 to 56 grain. Do a push through and measure the grooves to find out what size slug needs to be tried. There are many different ones out there. Below are just a few that I use.
1657955484608.png
1657955528342.png

I can's say much for the "Impact" or any FX rifle. What I will say is that the "TRUE" id of the barrel determines what slug to use. Too tight or Too loose will never give you the sub moa accuracy that your rig is capable of shooting. I with Bamavet55 on the Zan slugs for my Mrods, NSA has a .250 that my rigs like, and the BT65 like a .253 slug at 40 to 56 grain. Do a push through and measure the grooves to find out what size slug needs to be tried. There are many different ones out there. Below are just a few that I use.
View attachment 275762View attachment 275763
What do I use to do a push through? Thanks.

Juice13, as you can see by the responses to your question you will get a myriad of recommendations with most every slug brand ultimately being mentioned in due time. There are many variables that also impact the results between FX gun A,B, and C once you venture away from the factory tune with their specific pellet. As it has been mentioned many times before, try as many different brands and weights as you can get your hands on, keep copious notes and decide what ones shoot best in Your gun for Your shooting style. My M3 600mm .25 likes NSA 29 and 31 along with JSB KO MKII's, YMMV.
As always, have fun.

Patrick

To push a pellet or slug through the barrel, I use a brass or aluminum cleaning rod. If your barrel is choked, it will start off tight and then almost fall through. If not choked, it will have a light drag all the way through. Don't get in a hurry, a few light taps may be needed to get things started.
Once the projectile is out, it will be similar to the below pic. You'll see that landings and rifling grooves. Make your measurement from there.
1658010222537.png