• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact pellet probe

I'm not sure about this. My impact was shooting great and now all of a sudden it's shooting horrible compared to what it was. 
My question is, is it normal for the pellet probe to be loose? By loose I mean I move it sideways about a 1/16th inch. I thought well thats loose I best tighten it up.but all the screws are really tight. All but the little set screw on the side I tightened that and now the probe wont even go in the barrel! Something doesn't seem right with it now and I don't know what has changed. 
Anybody has an issue like this? 

I'm glad I didn't sell this impact now. Lol

"Cubdriver"The probe should not be loose,Ihad to keep checking mine because it would get loose,so l put some locktite on the little set screw that holds the probe in. Ernest has a video on putting a second set screw in to hold the probe http://www.ernestrowe.com/fx-impact-x-barrel it’s the pellet probe setscrew mod video
thanks for the answer! Haha 
I tightend the set screw up and it would have the probe move. So now with the tight probe it won't slide in the barrel when I cock it. When I loosen it it a slides in like butter. I don't get how the probe get all missalighned so bad whben I tighten it. Is there like a certain amount of torque to put on it?

I own one and yes the pellet probe move a little bit to the sides.. mine has been tuned by Ernest Rowe 
a7ba5ea35cd5aacb7a5e21bdf80d64dc.jpg
537b2324c132302b194351a858915512.jpg

Yes, probe moves ever so slightly. I had this issue and took off the cheek piece and when under the rail that is beneath that and tightened the counter sunk screw that holds the pellet probe block. However, it didn't tighten much. With everything completely tight, the probe has a slight amount of wiggle. I just always assumed this was so it could line up with the barrel properly. 1/16" is about right. 1/8" and I would be worried.

Okay so I get that it should (possibly) move around a little and it does. But when I tightened the set screws it made the probe off center of the barrel. 
Im goin to taktake a good look at it tomorrow during my lunch break. 
Now let's say the pelet probe is not wrong in anyway. Why would my accuracy change so dramatically? Just a couple of days ago I was getting .5in groups at 60yrds now I'm lucky to get 1in groups at 60! 
Oh and another thing I noticed shooting today was a pellet wobble that was not there before and I cleaned the barrel so it's not that. 
I'm glad im took this off the classifieds since is avying up all of a sudden 😑

My probe wiggles, and I'm referring to the Impact, ladies and gentlemen!
Two things- that's a little screw that holds the probe in, I never try to go "Farmer tight" when putting in a new barrel or tightening the current one.
I've overtightened the barrel on my .22 barrel, creating a burr that hangs up when swapping barrels. I buffed it down, but don't go getting all Hulk on that thumb screw.
My .177 needs a barrel cleaning every 250 or so pellets- not sure what caliber you're experiencing the problem with. The other calibers don't have that problem.
Finally, ( I seem to be over just two things) I've had a pellet probe get crushed by another shooter, jamming a pellet into the breach. I was able to bend it back, but replaced it. The front of the probe cracked at the thinest part, a 45 clam repair.
Do you know the velocity you're slinging at? My fx has only one speed for each caliber, and if I'm not at that speed, it'll open up the pattern. Great rifles, but it requires attention to all the details to keep it reliable. At least mine does.