Impact pellet probe versus the huma

Hiya, 

Couple questions for my fellow shooters. 
I’m gearing up to try shooting slugs in my impact. Picked up pretty much all the upgrade parts available. Heavy liner, carbon sleeve, harmonic tuner shroud, fx slug pin probe, ultra grip probe carrier, and a couple thou rds from žan to try. However, I’m a bit hesitant to install the pin probe as I have read they may (most likely) will not seat pellets properly and may interfere with the magazine. Also have read you may need a single shot tray to utilize the pin probe. I’m ok with swapping out barrels (figured just get a spare barrel) and a quick retune to switch back and forth between pellets and slugs but don’t really want to be tearing the thing down to swap the probe. Enough backstory, here are my questions:

How effective is the factory probe at seating a slug at the proper distance into the barrel? I do realize it would have more restriction to airflow albeit, how much I don’t know exactly. 

Also, the huma pellet/slug probe. Would it be a better choice over the factory probe or are they pretty much the same?

Can anyone share their personal experience with the pin probe vs standard factory probe vs the huma probe? Very curious if the huma is much of a difference from the current fx pellet probe. I have seen threads where folks have enlarged the factory probe or even cut the bottom half off altogether. Thoughts?

Thanks guys,

Eric

I have used the FX pin probe for my M3 .25 caliber , It works fine.

If you adjust the pin out to far it can cause feeding problems with the magazine, but just adjust pin in a little bit.

I have since switched both my M3 .25 and my MKII. 30 to the NSA Pin Probe Kit, because it is easier to adjust seating depth and FX doesn't doesn't have a .30 caliber pin probe.

Have you guys tried using it with pellets? I’m wondering if the rough pellet loading issues I read are from folks using the single port side of the transfer port over the bridged dual port or just in general.

I have installed the Ernest Rowe dual transfer port on both rifles so no feeding issues, but I only shoot slugs .

In 30 caliber the velocity gain was minimal 3 to 5 fps, but my 25 caliber was about 20 fps. 

I installed both dual transfer port and pin probe at the same time.