• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact or Crown Continuum

As mentioned before, I still own both. The crown in .30 at low power gets the most use. It’s a slow hard hitting rock. Pretty accurate at just 480 fps. But when I’m not at home, I’m usually at the dairy shooting from my truck and the impact is a lot more comfortable to maneuver around inside the truck. 
So take into consideration, that even with the short 380mm barrel, the Crown takes more space. 

I just got my Impact MKII back after the power plenum upgrade. Shooting .30 with 50.2gn JSB's at average 910FPS with a deviation of 5 FPS! Shooing groups the size of a quarter at 100 yards. Also getting 50 shots before I fall off the regulator. Also just finished pimping out my Pecican case for her and thought I would share.

Cheers.
1590242782_4503726365ec92dde1dda73.48510458.jpg

I am a little scared of the Impact....I am NOT a tuner so a bit nervous about all the adjustments etc. but I also want a gun I can adjust for the type of shooting I am doing....

The Wildcat is the same way I guess now but hoping once I get it down it will be fairly straight forward...

I think some barrel kits and liners are on the menu today then it is just sit and wait for the delivery guy!

I am a little scared of the Impact....I am NOT a tuner so a bit nervous about all the adjustments etc. but I also want a gun I can adjust for the type of shooting I am doing....

The Wildcat is the same way I guess now but hoping once I get it down it will be fairly straight forward...

I think some barrel kits and liners are on the menu today then it is just sit and wait for the delivery guy!

It is like anything new it may seem complicated or intimidating but watch Ernest Rowes FX tuning video and some of the others out there and once you get your head wrapped around the process you will be okay. If you are having problems post here for some answers. One thing or is it two, I hope you have a chronograph or FX Radar to tract fps and get yourself one of those inexpensive vernier caliper to record your hammer gap and valve adjuster gap. Ernest talks about that in his video. Bill

Yes, you can screw it up for sure. Just leave hammer spring prelod and regulator alone, use the hammer spring dial to adjust speed and then reduce the valve if you need less power. Once you are comfortable increase reg and hammer spring preload together to keep them in balance then use valve to fine tune. You will get hang of it, it’s a lot of fun if you like to tinker. I wouldn’t go below factory reg and hammer spring preload, write down all measurements. 

Oh, don’t forget to order 5000 pellets to start. 

I am covered on the chronograph but will order the vernier caliper you mentioned Bill.

I have watched a few videos and it seems the major rule is no lowering reg pressure when there is air behind it and like qball said....write everything down!!

I am sure I will be more than happy with how it is fresh off the showroom floor....Really it is more for switching calibers etc. I am not a huge slug shooter so not a major issue with that but I am curios about the FX branded ones so already ordered a liner for the .25 version of those...

You will be happy with all three that I’m confident at. Just shoot a bunch and then you will figure out what you want each gun do for you, since you have 3 there isn’t a need to change caliber really. I would have one for the yard, one for hunting and one for night time and .......possibilities are endless! 

these guns are so good it really shows how much I need to practice and learn to use them! It is a lot of work and concentration to stack pellet on pellet even at 30 yards for me. Even on a table I would pull if there is any laps of concentration, but good to know if I squeeze the trigger properly with good timing with my breath it is a laser! 

So guys both the new guns showed up this week and have to say I LOVE the Crown....Telescoping shroud is very cool and in .25 quiet with it extended. Talk about accurate.....Have a friend in the hospital and been on call all week but got a bit if time in with both and man they are amazingly accurate guns out of the box....

I will say the Impact is not my cup of tea really.....Shoots great but not a fan of how it shoulders and just feels a bit off.

The Crown on the other hand is perfect and since both can be tuned and swap calibers the Impact might be going up for sale.

I could see the Impact being great off the bench or a rest when hunting but wandering around through the woods and off hand shots....This Crown I could see being my go to gun...

Thanks all!