• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact Mods

Glem i just asked about a mag ; they told me they dont sell parts at all? have you had any luck

I have not had a problem with FX Service, but you need to be specific on the part number you need as Glem said. A Mag is an accessory, so that is sold through retailers along with liners, barrels, and probably power kits when available (to mention a few), basically Fx will not sold anything that retailers have or will have in stock. (make sense)

I understand the growing pains of business but customers want the easiest shopping experience possible. If I'm dealing with a group (manufacturer, importer, dealer) they can divvy up the money after the sale rather than make me jump through hoops to get what I need.

I was wondering what mods there are to make my Gen. 1 Impact up to the task of shooting slugs? Right now I don't think it could get slugs up to a high enough velocity for them to be accurate.

I'm sure I'd have to start with a 700 mm slug liner for extra fps.

The question is....is it worth it....or sell and get the MKII when it comes out.

On another note, I have dealt directly with FXUSA for parts and they were very helpful and fast. Hope they aren't stopping this practice and yes I agree they should set up a website store for parts. Too many incoming phone calls, otherwise. 

I've watched videos of Ernest making these, definitely not something I'd ever try even with the right tools.

I opened up the hole in the valve seat myself with a drill, small round file, and 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. To do so I chucked the valve seat centered in the the drill, then with the drill running fairly fast I used the round file to open the hole up evenly. I polished it with the sandpaper when it was close to the final size I wanted it at. I opened my seat up to 6mm, but I think 5.8mm would suffice with the Impact's stock valve rod and additional hammer weight.