FX Impact MKII air leak - need help

Pulled my trusty Impact MKII out for a shooting session yesterday and found all the air had leaked out. As I attempted to refill the air, a leak from where the bottle screws onto the fame became obvious. Pulling off the bottle, I unscrewed the "Bottle Connector" and replaced both Rubber-Steel washers (M12); one on each side of the connector. As I attempted to refill the system air began to blow through the small hole located just behind the safety switch. Anyone able to help me understand what is wrong here?

Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to point me in the right direction to get this issue sorted. With the closing of FX USA we have lost a valuable asset not having the Technical Support available via email, chat or phone calls. Hopefully as Utah Airguns begins to take over this aspect of the business FX shooters will once again have a stellar resource for assistance with trouble-shooting and diagnostics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gumby31
I've never owned a MKii but on the M3 that small hole behind the safety is the regulator atmospheric vent. If it is leaking air, then you have a leak at the regulator. It should be the same on the MKii,

Also, IMO, if we lost all FX support, it wouldn't be a big deal. The guys here in this forum have a wealth of knowledge and are super helpful. Also, response turn around time is so much faster asking these guys.

The Small hole next to the safety on the M3... is the Air Pressure equalization hole for the Regulator...
It should be the same on the MKII
So if you have air leaking out of this hole... this mean there is debris, or the O-ring needs replacing..
i.e. Time for a reg rebuild.....
For videos on this, check out Ernest Rowe's YouTube channel!!

Good Luck

Reactions: Gumby31 and tibor
Pulled my trusty Impact MKII out for a shooting session yesterday and found all the air had leaked out. As I attempted to refill the air, a leak from where the bottle screws onto the fame became obvious. Pulling off the bottle, I unscrewed the "Bottle Connector" and replaced both Rubber-Steel washers (M12); one on each side of the connector. As I attempted to refill the system air began to blow through the small hole located just behind the safety switch. Anyone able to help me understand what is wrong here?

Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to point me in the right direction to get this issue sorted. With the closing of FX USA we have lost a valuable asset not having the Technical Support available via email, chat or phone calls. Hopefully as Utah Airguns begins to take over this aspect of the business FX shooters will once again have a stellar resource for assistance with trouble-shooting and diagnostics.
Do you live Manchester area? Particularly Mossley. My mate will sort it cheap as chips for you. He's an expert with fx impact as well as stripping and servicing and power setting any air rifle.
He does all of mine for me. RFD charge way too much.

Reactions: tibor