Impact Mk3 breech seal .25

Theoringstore.com has 1.3 X 6.3 mm in stock. That is .002" thicker cross section and .002" smaller ID. That is what I plan to order.

Or somebody on Ebay is selling what they say is the proper O ring... 4 for $8.50 shipped.

Theoringstore.com has 1.3 X 6.3 mm in stock. That is .002" thicker cross section and .002" smaller ID. That is what I plan to order.

Or somebody on Ebay is selling what they say is the proper O ring... 4 for $8.50 shipped.
That's what I was thinking, I'll likely do the same. But maybe someone else will know how they work or if there is a source for the exact size.

UAG will probably charge you around $12.00 to ship them....
Utah charges $4.99 for 3 O-rings and $7.53 for shipping.
FX charges $1.52 each and $9.00 shipping.

Shipping charges are ridiculous for something that you can mail in an standard envelope with one 1st class stamp.

Have you given The O-Ring Store a try: https://www.theoringstore.com/store/ ?
The O-Ring store does list that size, but the minimum quantity for order is 2693; at 13 cents each that would be about $350. But they are out of stock anyway. Seems like 6.35X127mm is a really oddball O-ring size.
Screenshot 2022-07-22 112228.jpg

I ordered all the O-rings necessary for the Impact from O-rings and More, with the exception of 1.27mm size. For the breech seal, I ordered the closest size I could find. I'll see if they will work, and report back.

Today I got an email indicating 10 X 2 mm O-rings are on back-order and cannot be shipped. I hadn't heard, but according to them:

"You may already know, but just in case, there is a global rubber product shortage that is affecting the availability of orings and oil seals."

Utah charges $4.99 for 3 O-rings and $7.53 for shipping.
FX charges $1.52 each and $9.00 shipping.

Shipping charges are ridiculous for something that you can mail in an standard envelope with one 1st class stamp.
Then you take NSA and Nick will cram as many slugs in a box that might weigh 20lbs for a tad over $9.00 vs 2oz for $9.00.
That's the difference when there is some common sense used.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
Utah doesn't state that the O-rings are for the M3 .25 barrel which are 6.35 X 1.27 mm.
The ones they are selling are likely for the M2 and before Impact .25 barrels which were 6.4 X 1.3 mm.
So it appears that the only source for the proper size is going to be FX.
I guess it would be too hard to email them and ask

I guess it would be too hard to email them and ask
Since you asked so politely... The 6.35 X 1.27mm O-ring size is specific only to the M3 .25 barrel. If UAG was selling them for the M3, then they wouldn't fit the M1-M2 versions, but no distinction for that is made. The drop-down list provided for ordering is only for selecting caliber, not a specific model. In this area, one size does not fit all.

Since you asked so politely... The 6.35 X 1.27mm O-ring size is specific only to the M3 .25 barrel. If UAG was selling them for the M3, then they wouldn't fit the M1-M2 versions, but no distinction for that is made. The drop-down list provided for ordering is only for selecting caliber, not a specific model. In this area, one size does not fit
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

hawkeye --=--
If you need a few to get by, I will drop a few in the mail if you want. Just lemme know.
mike
I appreciate the offer but at this point I'm only trying to locate a source so I'll have them for the future. I ordered everything else from O-Rings and more, but they don't have any 127 mm. May I ask where you found yours?

Utah doesn't state that the O-rings are for the M3 .25 barrel which are 6.35 X 1.27 mm.
The ones they are selling are likely for the M2 and before Impact .25 barrels which were 6.4 X 1.3 mm.
So it appears that the only source for the proper size is going to be FX.
Hawkeye, please don’t take this the wrong way because I am genuinely just trying to help. I think you are really making far too much out of this extremely small size difference. I have pasted a very small portion of the O ring size tolerance chart from ‘Theoringstore.com’ and highlighted a couple of areas that I think are of interest. If you look at the ID tolerance for a ≈6mm O ring it is ±.13mm, and if you look at the CS tolerance for a 1.27mm O ring it is ±.08mm. So the O ring that you are trying so hard to get ‘right on the money’ (6.35 x 1.27) could actually measure anywhere from 6.22mm to 6.5mm ID and 1.19mm to 1.36mm CS when you add in the tolerances. I guess I just don’t see the need for worry; the O ring is rubber it WILL conform. Also attached a link to the whole O ring chart.

O ring tolerance.jpg

Hawkeye, please don’t take this the wrong way because I am genuinely just trying to help. I think you are really making far too much out of this extremely small size difference. I have pasted a very small portion of the O ring size tolerance chart from ‘Theoringstore.com’ and highlighted a couple of areas that I think are of interest. If you look at the ID tolerance for a ≈6mm O ring it is ±.13mm, and if you look at the CS tolerance for a 1.27mm O ring it is ±.08mm. So the O ring that you are trying so hard to get ‘right on the money’ (6.35 x 1.27) could actually measure anywhere from 6.22mm to 6.5mm ID and 1.19mm to 1.36mm CS when you add in the tolerances. I guess I just don’t see the need for worry; the O ring is rubber it WILL conform. Also attached a link to the whole O ring chart.

View attachment 278543

Thanks, I understand what you're saying. I'm trying not to overthink this but I'd like to get an answer:

I emailed FX and was given part #4526 for the o-ring, but that is the part number for the M2 O-ring which is 6.4 X 1.3 mm. The part number on the FX M3 barrel schematic for the .25 cal. is part #2575 6.35 X 1.27 mm. If the old size fits that's great since FX want's $1.52 each and $9.00 shipping for them. I have 25 of the old size but I haven't tried using them yet as the breech o-ring is likely to get damaged if I try to remove it. If they don't fit right and I damage the old one, I'd be screwed until I get the right size.

I responded to their email and asked for clarification as to the part# discrepancy and confirmation on the size. As yet there is no answer.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried the old O-rings in the new M3 .25 barrel.

Screenshot 2022-07-25 182035.jpg

Last edited: