• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Impact mk2

Just installed a slug kit and I have several questions

My c1 screws in pretty far Ernest video say measument 6.5mm mine is close to 10mm. Do I really need to back it out that much?

Bofore I ordered this kit my regulator gauge wend bad not sure how but the plate with the numbers was loose would rotate around so ordered a new one installed.

Now my reg pressure wont go over 130.

Any help is appreciated

Bryan, If your looking for the best tune for your gun, Id recommend that you take your C1 off and clean the threads reinstall at the 6.0-6.5mm range. Its usually about 1 turn off bottom. Use some red lock tight to hold it in place. After you reinstall it you'll have to let the loc-tight dry for 24 hours before doing any testing so it doesn't move. If you don't have the C1 adjusted right your valve may not open to it full potential. Making it very hard to tune for power and requiring much higher regulator setting to get the FPS you desire. The small filling sound your hearing between each shot is normal on the large plenum PPMKII Impacts. 

Why your regulator set point will not go over 130bar, I start by cleaning your regulator and checking to make sure the washers are in stall in the correct order with lube. It sounds dirty or dry.

So this is what my c1 looks like at 6.5 mm maybe only halfway down the threads if I screw it all the way down in a little over 10mm

I pulled the reg didnt see any damage cleaned and relubed correctly stacked washers and its adjusting properly now!
0405210827.1617660776.jpg

So this is what my c1 looks like at 6.5 mm maybe only halfway down the threads if I screw it all the way down in a little over 10mm

I pulled the reg didnt see any damage cleaned and relubed correctly stacked washers and its adjusting properly now!
0405210827.1617660776.jpg

Is it pulled out that far just for all to see the threads on the rod, or is it actually now as I see it at 6.5mm from block face to end of the C1? If it’s the latter, it sure looks like it’s way too far out. You are measuring it from the lower portion of the block, correct, where it steps in? And I, also had to unthread mine to get to the 6.5 measurement, but not that much

Just installed a slug kit and I have several questions

My c1 screws in pretty far Ernest video say measument 6.5mm mine is close to 10mm. Do I really need to back it out that much?

I'm having trouble understanding this. If you’re saying you’re now at 10mm and spec is at 6.5mm, you wouldn’t be backing it out, your be threading it in to make it shorter.

Am I missing something, or was this just worded incorrectly?

if your rod is all the way pushed back as far as it will go(comes to a stop) and you still do not see it at the mag well, this is what’s causing you to be out at 10mm make sure your hammer, hammer weight, and spring are oriented correctly, and that your hammer is not catching onto the trigger sear.