• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact MK2 with 22.5 VK slug settings

Got my impact mk2 22 cal with 600mm barrel. Been playing around and watching all the videos on slugs and harmonic tuning. I’ve been anywhere from from 145 to 155 reg pressure. I’m getting good velocity and consistency. I will get some great groups but then have random flyers and horrible groups. Was just curious if anyone has great luck and what your setup was. Thanks

Out to about 150 yards. I was getting a little reg creep but I think I have it broken in now. I’m not set to a certain speed. Anything above 900 would be good. I get the speed set about 10 FPS over what I’m shooting for then use the valve adjuster and turn it in until it drops about 10 right to where I want it. I can really hear the gun get quiet. Extreme spread is usually around 8-10 FPS. 

What size bullets are you shooting ? I found my liner really likes the 23 grain NSA bullets in .218” . The 27 grain prefer .217” . As far as speed goes , the 23 gn @ 890 fps and the 27gn @ 800 fps seems to work best . Here are the settings I’m using , might not work for you as I’ve enlarged the transfer port and am using a pin type probe . 

Regulator @ 150 bar

Valve screw at the third line (further from the action) 

power set to 5

I’m using varmint knocker sized at .217. I had a wildcat shooting the 21 grain .218. It was one hole groups at 50. Bought an impact MKII and trying to find the right combo. I just tuned it to the 22.5 VK. 925 FPS with a extreme spread of 6. Reg pressure of 150 and on 5. Unfortunately can’t test accuracy until I can get to the range. I might have to buy some NSA slugs and .218 and give them a try. 

Bob O,

yes I did. I have been watching your videos for awhile now. I watched yours and Ernest quite a few times. I get them shooting consistently over the chrono in my basement then out to my place when I have time to shoot. I was shooting 1/2” 5 shot groups at 100 with the 24 grain VK. Then all of a sudden they were everywhere. Then back to 1/2” to 3/4” groups. Then I noticed some of the heads of the slugs not uniform. The tip of the 24 are thin so I switched to the 22.5 since the ends are thicker. Not sure if that was the problem. I also had a wildcat with a 500 mm slug liner that shot the NSA 21 grain .218 slugs well. 50 yards 5 shot one hole groups all the time. However I sold that gun for the 600mm impact mk2 for more power.