• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact mk2 Poi shift

I have a Impact mk2 compact.in .22
Always been a solid performer until about a month ago.
Now the point of impact seems to randomly move. Still groups great but will be off by 1 or 2" even at 25yds. Pressures are the same, scope and mounts changed out, screws all checked and tight, barrel removed-cleaned and inspected. 2days ago I was ringing steel at 100yds and today was missing at 25 yds. Any ideas what to check next.

Are you sure it’s not an issue with your optic? I have a rifle (pb) that suddenly started to experience radical POI shifts. Grouped well, but would randomly be off 3-4 inches at 50 yards. This is a Ruger 77/357 that I shoot subsonic.38 through with a suppressor exclusively, and I thought I was inexplicably having suppressor induced POI shifts that I’d never had before. I’d adjust the scope and it’d hold zero fine for the rest of the session, but then be off weeks or months later. Because it grouped well and would then seem to hold zero, I didnt suspect the scope. Now I’m not talking hold zero for a few rounds either. This gun is so quiet and so fun to shoot, it typically sees 50 or more rounds every time I take it out as it gets passed around from shooter to shooter. It took noticing that the reticle was canted like crazy one day when I casually pulled it out of the safe and looked through the scope before the figurative lightbulb clicked on. Vortex replace the scope and all is well now.

Reactions: qball
Are you sure it’s not an issue with your optic? I have a rifle (pb) that suddenly started to experience radical POI shifts. Grouped well, but would randomly be off 3-4 inches at 50 yards. This is a Ruger 77/357 that I shoot subsonic.38 through with a suppressor exclusively, and I thought I was inexplicably having suppressor induced POI shifts that I’d never had before. I’d adjust the scope and it’d hold zero fine for the rest of the session, but then be off weeks or months later. Because it grouped well and would then seem to hold zero, I didnt suspect the scope. Now I’m not talking hold zero for a few rounds either. This gun is so quiet and so fun to shoot, it typically sees 50 or more rounds every time I take it out as it gets passed around from shooter to shooter. It took noticing that the reticle was canted like crazy one day when I casually pulled it out of the safe and looked through the scope before the figurative lightbulb clicked on. Vortex replace the scope and all is well now.
Scope and mounts replaced

What are you shooting? Pellets/slugs? which FPS? Just random tought that if it is pellets and too fast -> it does exactly that (spiralling). Groups can be pretty good but depending how spiralling goes different ranges, poi will change.
Shooting CPHP's at just over 900fps. Has been shooting them great "better than moa" for about 4000rds. Still shoots great just poi shifts randomly.

Shooting CPHP's at just over 900fps. Has been shooting them great "better than moa" for about 4000rds. Still shoots great just poi shifts randomly.
I shoot mainly JSB/FX pellets and with my 600mm FX Superior liner 900fps start to be max speed. Faster than that those start to spiral and POI will change. I think optimal would be someehere 850-880fps but by setup shoot them 900fps as I shoot slugs aswell (need more power for them)

Assuming everything is in good mechanical working condition, no optic movement, no burst of air damaging the pellet skirt, and no clipping in shroud or moderator, then I would try harmonic tuning. Maybe it's right at the edge of a harmonic node and randomly will release pellet at a different part of node causing POI shift. Would be interesting to see a shot string over a chrony and how changes in velocity may accompany the shift in POI.

Reactions: Deadlands
1000000597.jpg
Ok to clarify here, first thanks for all the replies. This is how the gun shoots at 25 and 50 yards when I do my part. It has been shooting like this since I purchased it used and still does. I have shot about 4000 pellets, CPHP through it and about another 1000 since the problem started. So probably one 3rd tin since problem started.
Gun will shoot where I have it sighted for a day or a week then group will be 1 to 2" off and I have to adjust scope back to point of aim. Another day or week goes by with it holding zero and it shifts again and I have to adjust scope again. Like I said everything is tight and scope and rings have been replaced with known good setup from my .25 Impact. Group shown is 3 shots at 50 yds

View attachment 420678Ok to clarify here, first thanks for all the replies. This is how the gun shoots at 25 and 50 yards when I do my part. It has been shooting like this since I purchased it used and still does. I have shot about 4000 pellets, CPHP through it and about another 1000 since the problem started. So probably one 3rd tin since problem started.
Gun will shoot where I have it sighted for a day or a week then group will be 1 to 2" off and I have to adjust scope back to point of aim. Another day or week goes by with it holding zero and it shifts again and I have to adjust scope again. Like I said everything is tight and scope and rings have been replaced with known good setup from my .25 Impact. Group shown is 3 shots at 50 yds

I have uploaded the following video on my YouTube channel yesterday. You may watch it. It might be helpful for you.

Bhaur