• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact MK2 Loss of power, not C3 nor valve adjustment knob.

Hi guys,
I was shooting my MK2 a few days ago and it started losing power suddenly. I looked at videos and they talked about the C3 O-ring, mine didn’t have any, noticed the adjustment end of the valve rod was a little loose, retightened it at 6mm and nothing. I ended up taking the whole gun apart, cleaned it, checked for o-rings, put it back together and…nothing. Reg is set to 105 Bar. It barely pushes air. I don’t hear any air leaking or escaping. What can it be?
Unfortunately I live in Argentina, in the middle of nowhere, all I got is YouTube and you guys, no tech here.
Any help, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Saludos,

Lucas

I have a MK2 PP (powerplenum).
The C3 is not an oring but a black delrin in front of hammer face, I worn it last summer and a friend of mine made one with peek.
The difference in length can be significant and you really no need to keep the 6mm, that length is for starters only. That happened to me as well the C1 got loose, put a small chunk of oring slice and tighten it like that. When was that you changed anything on MK2 last time?
20211121_200950.jpg

I have a MK2 PP (powerplenum).
The C3 is not an oring but a black delrin in front of hammer face, I worn it last summer and a friend of mine made one with peek.
The difference in length can be significant and you really no need to keep the 6mm, that length is for starters only. That happened to me as well the C1 got loose, put a small chunk of oring slice and tighten it like that. When was that you changed anything on MK2 last time?
View attachment 324153
Hi
Never changed anything on the gun myself, I bought the gun used, here and had a friend of mine bring it to Argentina. The guy I bought if from put a slug power kit on it.
I took apart the plenum and block, carefully cleaned, checked o’rings, carefully and lightly lubricated with silicon oil and very carefully put it together.
L

OK, now we can go from here.
My MK2 was apart at least 15-20 times when I did myself the power upgrade (I didn't bought it I made it and re- machined parts myself ) last winter, that was a project over several months.
Anyway, when I remove any oring I put a new lubed oring back.
What you have and what make is the pellet or slug probe. I bought couple in the past and learned that the lenght shall be checked and adjusted.
Load one pellet/slug with a probe but don't shoot it. Remove the barrel and through the air transfer port you can see how deep it sits.
Next, if the gun doesn't leak...
C1 if got loose that can make a loss of power.
Next check the 2mm hole in a Rear Block (when you remove the mag), and oring shall be there. Try couple dry fire couple shots holding your palm in close proximity, do you feel an airblast? I busted that 2mm oring I think two times when I adjusted the C1 short and the Valve Spring was soft ... the Valve rod jumped out of hole and shaved off = wear out that small little orong.