• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

impact mk2 issue need help

update with my Impact.

I found a delrin that is the right size. Watched Edosan's video and it was easy to do (although I was nervous with the whole process).

I removed bottle, Degas the Reg by unscrewing it CCW, then loosen the barrel screw located on the right side above the reg gauge.

Removed barrel, scope then scope rail. then unscrewed and removed valve adjuster. pulled the pellet probe forward, clamped it with a grip and removed the hammer pin with a small tool. Replaced the damaged Oring with delrin.

I did some test shots in the garage, but unable to register velocity with my new FX radar. Still learning how to use it. But the impact of the pellets into my pellet trap was a lot stronger and I can feel the gun is shooting stronger. I will have to check tomorrow to see what the gain of velocity is.

thank you all for the help and suggestion. I am a happy camper and will look forward to tune the gun up.

Alex

So all the way up to 895fps the gun was accurate but at 897 groups opened out, why didn’t you just back it down to 895? What is 900-1000 going to do that 895fps isn’t. 

I don’t understand the quest for speed if it ruins accuracy, I am able to consistently do 100yards sub moa groups with my .20 rapid at 850fps, it’s a shotgun at 900, and easily capable of sending pellets supersonic, it’s inaccurate, louder and uses more air, seriously what’ is the point?

bb

Fair enough but there is numerous threads and videos on this forum alone detailing how best to tune the impact, if you want to learn about shooting slugs at higher velocity a good place to start is with research not just adjustment of hammer and reg settings without understanding the balance between hammer load, reg pressure and valve travel to get the best out of your gun.

luckily no damage has been done and there is plenty of help to be had on here, best of luck with your new purchase.

bb

update. After replacing the C3 bumper with a delrin, I was able to gain velocity to 925 fps with 18.1 gr. So the issue was the damaged o-ring at the C3 bumper.

Now I have set my Reg at 100 Bar and shooting 916 FPS with the 18.1 gr. I just need to dial it in to get tighter groups at 50 yards.

thanks all for chiming in. I have learned how to fix the C3 bumper as my first lesson.