• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact MK1 (.30) air leak after Power Block upgrade

I'm looking for some help with an air leak.

I purchased #20839 (power block upgrade kit) and performed the upgrade as shown in videos by Mr Rowe as well as those referenced by UA and Airbuks.

I was very careful to inspect, install o-rings, lube and not force anything.

As soon as I screw in my bottle and pressurize the rifle, air leaks from the regulator gauge area. Seems like from the gauge or magazine mount where it mates with the block.

The old block has the valve and stem flush whereas the new block looks different. The valve sits 1/8" below flush of the stem. FX says it should look that way.

I have attempted the install 4 times.
When the rifle is placed back in its original factory configuration, it holds air and shoots jsb hades around 820 fps.

Did I take a wrong turn?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_1907.jpeg

IMG_1911.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1903.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you measure and adjust the very front of the valve rod assembly? Mine is flush on my MK2. If its not fully seated the main valve seal can leak by. I would re-measure double triple check the part C-1. You might need to adjust it forward or counter clock wise a mm or so.

Thank you for your reply.
I'll check into this and reference the pdf.

The measurement I received was 6.2 mm (frame to top of C1.

Hi
I don't know if this publication will be of any help to you.
Regards
Enkey

Edit. Yess the new valve doesn't fit flush in the back register

The 720 plenum installed on my mk2 is the same way it is inset about the same as yours did u put the quad ring under the gauge in the new block ?
No sir.
I was unaware I needed to place something there as my existing reg gauge doesn't have one.

This sounds like the probable cause.
The screw in to the power block is deeper and the reg gauge seems to bottom out.

Do you have more details or a picture maybe?
I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Hi
I don't know if this publication will be of any help to you.
Regards
Enkey

Edit. Yess the new valve doesn't fit flush in the back register
I appreciate it.

There should be one in the old block u can probably reuse
I bought my MK1 used.
It doesn't have one so I'm surprised it has held air.

Lol.

I have replaced almost all o-rings. The critcal one was the regulator o-ring.

There is one on my captain o-ring kit that looks like it fits but I'd prefer an x -ring.

Last edited: