• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Impact MK 11 accuracy

The impact is a checklist gun. Never fired a pellet out of mine at a target but no problems with slugs so far. When I say checklist, I say it to prevent aggravation. Clean barrel, liner nut always tightened to the exact same tension, liner orings either secured so they don’t move or CF sleeve. Working your way up or down with an Allen wrench to find your true max speed with your reg setting with the VLA wide open. Then back the spring off to slow it down a little then do the same with the VLA. That’s my starting point before i shoot paper. I do it all again if I bump my reg up. No shortcuts. If you cross all your T’s and dot all your I’s before you start shooting and you still have accuracy issues, at least you know you weren’t cutting corners to get a good tune. Time to start looking at parts. 

How do you tune your gun before you start testing for accuracy? If you are just adjusting the reg and spinning knobs hoping to get lucky, that might be the problem. It can happen and I’m sure it has but that barrel system I believe is a little more sensitive to having the projectile leaving it with just the right amount of air behind it. I can get away with a jacked up tune and still have decent accuracy with my RTI because the barrel is thick and has a super rigid mounting platform.

Vets advice is the way to go, start back at square one and proceed from that point. Your rifle is probably way out of whack and needs to be 'reset' to baseline.

Start at 100 bar as suggested and work up. My 700mm .25 Impact MKll is throwing the MK2 heavies at 965 with a 130 bar reg setting and STX slug A.

What length barrel are you running?