Impact Mark II PP 25 Cal

Well I have had my new gun out a few times... only owned it a week. It came with the standard FX Pellet liner. They did not have the slug liners in stock when I ordered my gun.

Getting to know it, havent touched any of the settings at all. Just the way Utah Airguns shipped it to me.

The first 2 times out, shooting the JSB Match Diabolo 25.39 pellets, and it loves them. Shooting nickle side groups at 35-40 yards all day, even with some wind. 

Yesterday at lunch, a package arrived... and I got 300 FX Hybrid Slugs 26grs... So yesterday evening it was time to play at my buddys property.

Again, Diabolo 25gr are holding nickle size groups for the most part, shot one magazine of those to confirm my zero.

Threw in a 20 rounds of the FX Hybrids. They shot about 2" high compared to the Diabolo 25 zero. Windage was perfect....

Next 18 rounds. It shot about 1.75" group with the Hybrid Slugs. So, I wasnt impressed, but the gun is set up for pellets/velocitys/power etc etc....

For now, I am just putting the slugs on the back burner. Will get to know the gun better.. Keep shooting the Diabolo 25s and see if it likes the Diabolo 33's..

Overall, I am very happy with the FX. Its fun, knowing I can rapid fire a magazine and get quarter size groups. 

The sad news of the day... I took my FX Wildcat 22 with me, and my buddy fell in love, had to have it.. I planned on selling it when I bought the Impact, but didnt quite come grips with that decision. But my buddy needed the Wildcat, (skunk on the property terrorizing his dogs) made fair offer, it has a new loving home. 

I got the Impact MKII with the power plenum in .25 caliber too. They can be hard to tune to get slugs shooting accurately and you can go through a lot of slugs too. One thing I found out is even though they say you can shoot the Hybrids through the pellet liner and get good accuracy you might get a lower velocity because of the more aggressive rifling causing more drag. I prefer to shoot my Hybrid slugs through the slug liner and get just as good accuracy and about fifty or more fps. With the new FX liners out if you can get your hands on one might be the route to go. The other thing that might help is once you get a consistent tune for power and velocity is to try making a barrel/Shroud/moderator dampener like I made out of pvc. It might be a quicker and easier way to tune for slug accuracy. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz3IJJG0_ms&t=12s&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower