• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact magazines for slugs

hi Lewis, have you seen these impact magazines by Hunter Tactical? He makes slugs magazines and they fit all sizes. I got his Gen4 versions and they work flawlessly with pellets and slugs.

Why not Orion's magazines? They're supposed to work great with slugs...

I use the .25 caliber and the .30 caliber Orion Magazines and feeders installed in the FX magazines they feed slugs perfectly shot after shot !

20220111_192227.jpg

I' have been looking at the Stud Mags and the Midwest Elite offerings.
Does anyone have actual experience with either? Both would be even better!
Shooting all the way up to 40 grain.
I use the MidWest Elite Airguns @Midwest-Elite-Airgun in my .25 Impact Slugger shooting 43.5 NSA. Plenty of room and function flawlessly even with pin probes. 😎

Reactions: Deleted 45061
Yes I have used the Midwest Elite Airgun Mrod version. Worked nice and easy on slugs as well (not the Mrod though for obvious reasons, but I cycled slugs to test the product regardless). @Midwest-Elite-Airgun

The other Additive manufacturs doing mags are @orion Orion the Iguana Hunter and @douglashepler Stud Mag Loader. They each have something different to offer which is nice. You can't go wrong with any of them. If it was me, I'd buy all three!

Best of luck,
Atlas

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have used the Midwest Elite Airgun Mrod version. Worked nice and easy on slugs as well (not the Mrod though for obvious reasons, but I cycled slugs to test the product regardless). @Midwest-Elite-Airgun

The other Additive manufacturs doing mags are @orion Orion the Iguana Hunter and @douglashepler Stud Mag Loader. They each have something different to offer which is nice. You can't go wrong with any of them. If it was me, I'd buy all three 😂

Best of luck,
Atlas
True, I’ve used the MEA high capacity mags in my .25 Red Wolf that I finished 3rd Pro at EBR 2022, and in my .30 Delta Wolf that I used to finish 3/60 at the 2022 Utah EFT GP event. Other top shooters like John Bagakis and Lauren Parsons were using them at EBR 2022 also. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
True, I’ve used the MEA high capacity mags in my .25 Red Wolf that I finished 3rd Pro at EBR 2022, and in my .30 Delta Wolf that I used to finish 3/60 at the 2022 Utah EFT GP event. Other top shooters like John Bagakis and Lauren Parsons were using them at EBR 2022 also. Highly recommended.
Yeah it was great that Chris made that for Daystate, and I think it will prove to pay him back as well because they work great. I saw about 5 competitive shooters using his mags, and I think next year that I will see more.

Reactions: Centercut