Tuning Impact M3: who cares of the macro number and micro weel?

Hello everyone, this is just an hypothesis I want to confirm : apart from reg 2 pressure and the number of lines on the valve knob, the only meaningful indicator if you want to correctly define a given tune is the graduation readings on the Quick Tune System. Since for a given graduation position, there is so many possible position for the Macro and micro wheel. The spring tension will be given by the graduation reading only. The wheels are just a great convenience for fast change with the macro or finely adjusting with the micro. What really matters if you have found the perfect tune and want to share it with friends is the number of graduations on the Quick Tune Indicator. Am I right?

Pascal.

No, because your gauges are off a couple bar and so are the gauges on the guys gun you want to share with. He might also be at a different elevation or have several other gun related factors that won’t make his gun perform like yours with your magic settings. They might be marketing all the new quick tune stuff on the M3 as a shortcut to snagging tunes off other guys but it’s not. Since the Impact was invented guys have been sharing tunes. It involved digital calipers, not looking at lines and numbers but it was essentially the same. Shared tunes didn’t always work then and won’t now. All that stuff on your M3 is most beneficial to you and your gun with your gauges. You can get back to a tune a little quicker than a M1 or M2 guy can.

The main numbers are reg 2 , Micro and Valve knob length. 

The macro is used to jump through the different speeds quickly. Try it , go to 1 on macro and then 3 on micro and then 8 on macro and move the micro to 3 , speeds will be the same.

This. Micro adjuster is what matters if sharing tunes. The macro could be unlabeled as far as I am concerned as it's just a faster way to go up/down vs just the micro. 

The main numbers are reg 2 , Micro and Valve knob length. 

The macro is used to jump through the different speeds quickly. Try it , go to 1 on macro and then 3 on micro and then 8 on macro and move the micro to 3 , speeds will be the same.

This. Micro adjuster is what matters if sharing tunes. The macro could be unlabeled as far as I am concerned as it's just a faster way to go up/down vs just the micro.

Guys, that was exactly my point. What is really important in order to define a tune is the graduations reading. It can vary from 1 to 5. And it can be quite accurate with at least 2 digits: I noticed you need 20 clicks from the micro wheel or 5 clicks from the macro to move 1 full graduation. It enables to define very precisely a given tune. For instance a tune of 4.75 is 4.5 (full or half graduations are easy to read and adjust on the scale) plus 1 macro click plus1micro click. With such a system you can mess up with the macro and micro, make a totally different setting for pellets or slugs, you will always be able to return to your perfect tune for a given projectile. Hope my point is clearer.

The micro scale graduations are offset on the top row compared to the bottom row. If you look at it carefully the upper lines with the numbers are in 1/2 number increments while the lines on the bottom are offset half way between the upper lines and are 1/4 number increments. So if you have the micro adjuster arrows set exactly to 3 and then dial the micro higher to the very next line on the lower row that's 3.25, and if you dial it up more to the very next line on the upper scale that's 3.5. Makes it easy to make a note of settings.

When it comes to recording your tune or sharing it, all that matters is the graduations on the micro scale-- that's the actual hammer spring tension. A micro of 3 with the macro on 8 is the same exact hammer spring tension as the micro on 3 and the macro on 16. The difference is the first setup allows you to easily dial the hammer tension up or down from 3 using only the macro wheel, while the second setup only allows you to dial the hammer tension down from 3 using the macro wheel.

Kiba, thats very interesting, I never used the lower graduation up to now. It improve the scale reading with .25 accuracy. We can be even more accurateIf I add up my system for counting micro or macro clicks based on have 10 micro clicks per lower graduation, we can define the spring tention with a 3 decimal digit accuracy. For instance 3.25 graduation plus 1 micro click would be 3.275. Plus 2 micro clicks would be 3.280 etc.