Impact M3 vs M1 or M2 as far as being the quietest in in different calibers.

I can't tell a difference in noise between base platforms. I've tuned a 700mm .25 and a 700mm .30, both barrels on an MKII and an M3. The .30 uses a lot more air, and has an accompanying increase in noise at the shot. The .30 is much quieter with pellets than with slugs. The .25 has just the single port, the .30 has a dual port as that is what is came with the m3. My experience is the more air you use, the higher chance of an increase in sound. I will say the .30 with the 44 grain pellet is the most accurate, by far. 

I would say without a doubt this M3 has been quieter than the MK1 & MK2 Impacts that I had. It's pretty loud with the reg set to 82bar, but when I jack it up to 132bar and go easy in the hammer, I don't need an LDC. I have tuned for near identical power / shot cycles with the others, and they were definitely louder.

Keep in mind they have very different plenum size which makes a huge difference so each gun have to be tuned differently to achieve the same result with bigger plenum needing lower reg pressure and smaller plenum need higher pressure. Just like my crown MK1 and MK2 had to be tuned very differently to get the same power and quietness. Another way to put it, it is not possible to get the same results with same reg pressure and hammer setting across all three guns and get the same results. 

I would say without a doubt this M3 has been quieter than the MK1 & MK2 Impacts that I had. It's pretty loud with the reg set to 82bar, but when I jack it up to 132bar and go easy in the hammer, I don't need an LDC. I have tuned for near identical power / shot cycles with the others, and they were definitely louder.

Very interesting! Now that you mentioned this, I have noticed that my Impact is much louder now that I reduced the Bar to as low as possible to get the speed I want. I'm going to do some tinkering and see if I raise the bar and lower to hammer spring if the gun become quitter? Seems plausible that having a higher pressure burst can propel the pellet to speed with less air therefore reducing the report of air coming out of the end of the gun. (It might reduce the size of the moderator needed)

Very interesting! Now that you mentioned this, I have noticed that my Impact is much louder now that I reduced the Bar to as low as possible to get the speed I want. I'm going to do some tinkering and see if I raise the bar and lower to hammer spring if the gun become quitter? Seems plausible that having a higher pressure burst can propel the pellet to speed with less air therefore reducing the report of air coming out of the end of the gun. (It might reduce the size of the moderator needed)

It's like Qball said, different plenum, different tune, etc. And I believe you are correct, low reg pressure leaves the valve open longer than a higher reg pressure with a shorter burst of air, to get the same speed. There will be different sound pulses and different noise levels.

If you want your gun to be quiet then turn UP the reg pressure and turn down the HS. 

example: my crown Mk2 with bigger plenum shooting 7.9 grain crosman pellet at 640fps, can anyone guess my reg pressure? 

.......wait for it.....140 bars!!! Only thing you will hear is the hammer noise with a descent moderator. I also get well over 100 shots with the 300cc bottle, so many shots I always lose track of how any mags before the reg drops.