• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Impact M3 valve or reg differences to allow high velocity at low reg pressure?

On my MK1 and MK2, the reg pressures were set around 140 - 150 bar.
On the new MK3, the second stage is set around 90 Bar. The first stage on the M3 is at 150bar.

Im wondering what the difference is that allows the M3 to get power at low reg pressures. If I set my MK1 or MK2 to 90 bar, I think the velocity would be very low.

I know the plennum is bigger on the M3, but Im wondering if there are also changes to the valve (increased dwell time, more air flow, etc). Does anyone know?

Im having an issue with this brand new .30 where if the rifle is left to sit (say overnight), the POI is about 5" low at 50Y! It takes about 5 shots and it'll come back up to the last POI set point. Basically, it rises 1" per shot.

FIrst thing in the AM, both the reg pressures are the same as where I left them the day before. The bottle pressure is still over 200 bar.

I want to understand the differences between M3 and MK2 before I go jacking around with it.

Any insight is appreciated.

FIrst thing in the AM, both the reg pressures are the same as where I left them the day before. The bottle pressure is still over 200 bar.
If the 2nd regulator is not creeping, the culprit may be O-ring stiction.

Reactions: SniperX
If the 2nd regulator is not creeping, the culprit may be O-ring stiction.

Wow. Just the info I was looking for. Thanks for digging that up for me.