Tuning Impact M3 Tuning Issues

Hey All,

I recently got an email from FX on some recommended settings for my M3. The M3, as it currently stands, is a .30 cal 600mm with Huma Dual Hole Transfer Port and Neilsen Pin Probe. Aside from that, no other changes have been made to the rifle. It went in for warranty work because of a leak, and I was only told the rear regulator was replaced. I was able to chrono the gun, finally, and tried to zero it at 100 yards. before putting the chrono on, I had dialed in the scope at home for 25 yards, and it was making decent groups. When I tried to move it out to 100 yards, it opened up big time. My groups were about four to five inches on average. My base tune was what FX recommended, detailed here:

Reg 1: 150 BAR

Reg 2: 105 BAR

Hammer Macro: 16

Hammer Micro: 3

Valve Adjuster: 4-5 lines (I had it at 4.5ish lines)

I was getting only 760-775 with 44.75 gr JSB Diabolo pellets with their settings. I adjusted the second regulator to 120 BAR, Valve Adjuster another half turn, lowered the Macro to 13, Micro to 5, and it dropped to low 730 fps before I ran out of light. I plan to tinker more at home tomorrow and will be heading back out to the range Sunday to get this rifle dialed in. Does anyone have any recommended adjustments I should be making? I also noticed that I'm getting about 50 shots before I am getting close to 150 BAR tank pressure and fill back to about 240 BAR. The factory FX tune supplied by them suggest with 46.3 gr pellets I should be seeing between 860 to 870 fps, but I don't feel that I'm coming close to that unless I dial my micro wheel towards 5 based on their settings( it was getting dark, so it was hard to tell specifically where I was and I was in a hurry to make as much use of light and get a five round reading). Does this all sound normal, or am I dealing with more problems on this gun?

Thanks in advance for any help you can possibly give. I'm beginning to question my jump into the PCP pool. 

Jerry

651767B1-85B1-48ED-8F77-7900D5C2E3AE.1642453627.jpeg
294CEFE4-B977-4DA2-B5DB-3FFC3A7BBF6F.1642453629.jpeg
This is Anubis, a impact M3 in .25 cal shooting nsa 29.5 grain slugs with a superior heavy liner, cf sleeve and a slug power kit installed. I currently have 1st Reg At 175 bar 2nd reg at 150 macro is 16 micro is 4 1/4 valve is almost 5lines (11.80mm) and can not get more than 930fps my deviation is between 20-25 with nsa 29.5 grain slugs but it is grouping lovely. My question is could it be my location I’m in Orange County NY my outside temps are between 6 and 35 degrees when I do get out to shoot, yes this is my first impact I have a gen 1 bobcat in .30cal 

I would like to add something that can save you some gasoline. You shouldn’t be getting decent groups at 25 yards then heading to the range to shoot 100. If you can’t place all the pellets through one hole at 25 yards, don’t go to the range and shoot 100. You are adding frustration on top of frustration. If you’re not one hole at 25, there is no hope for that tune at 100.

Could someone kindly give me the recommended tune for my new FX impact M3, in 30 cal and 700 mm barrel. Shooting the jbl 44 grain pellets? The gun arrived at only about 90 bar on the regulator. So I am thinking it will need to be raised to reach 860-890 fps? Not sure why they set the gun up for so low a regulator setting but I have not yet measured the velocity. I plan to do this tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. I've heard the 700 mm can deliver speed at slightly lower regulator than 600 mm, but still thinking 90 bar is too low.

100mm of extra barrel length is a game changer. Just shoot it over a chronograph before you start twisting knobs and getting out your ball end hex wrench. You might be pleasantly surprised. My 500mm Impact can’t compete with my 600mm Impact without beating it to death. Your 700mm gun should do everything you need with pellets without even breaking a sweat.

I have the same .30/600mm M3 but do not have the Huma port nor the NSA Probe. Everything on mine is factory. I did add the carbon barrel sleeve and integrated harmonic tuner.

I'm getting much faster speeds with excellent accuracy, however my regs are cranked up more than yours. Here is my setup. It has proven to be the 'perfect' tune for me. Shoots 44.75gr Hades and the 44.5gr Hybrids at the same avg speed of 929fps. 1/4" groups at 50 yards. 

M3 .30 Cal. 600mm STX. Carbon fiber sleeve. DonnyFl Ronin. Stock pin probe.

Reg 1 = 175. Reg 2 = 135

Macro = 16. Micro = 4.5

Valve = .441"

FX integrated harmonic tuner set at 6th hash line.

44.75gr Hades and FX Hybrids. Avg 929 fps

1/4 -1/2" or better grouping at 50 yards

You were right! Got 900 fps right out of box with the reg at 95 bar. I actually slowed it down to 880. Seems to shoot the 44 grain fx slugs at the identical speed as the jsb pellets of same weight. The hadees pellets are about the same too. Now just need a break from the wind to dial it in closer.

Hopefully when the gun settles after a couple hundred shots you’ll be happy with the settings and won’t have to mess with the gun. I say that because with the gun you chose, you’re swimming in the deep end of the pool. If you don’t have a full understanding of how PCP’s work, you might wind up chasing your tail until you have to take some Dramamine to stop the dizziness.